Texas Ratsnake

Comment

they will go after chickens

Comment

rat and mouse poison

Comment

yep, they will def get the baby chickens

Comment

All you need to do is go to your local pound a get you some kittens or look in the free kitten ads. If you half raise them up they will be gentle and take care of you mice problem. My wife grandmother always end up with cats and kitten. I took one of black kitten I have had her a year. Took 3 days and she was tame and would hang out with the dog. We move twice with her and she is a hunter and a fighter.... Only cat I know that thinks she is a dog. She wont leave our new home property and we been there for almost a year. Anything gets in her backyard either gets the crap beaten out of them or killed. She catches moles, mice, lizards, bugs, and snakes. My wife hated her for the first year now she come to realiaze we wont ever live with out a cat. Since she take care of the rottens.....

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
              The ranch I hunt has a bunch of them and our camp house is mouse free thanks to them. I've never even seen a mouse **** so I know they are doing their job.
              X2^^^

Comment

I have a regular stray kitten, now full grown tomcat fixed, that is heck on my moles and mice, or whatever else tries to get in the yard. Took down a blujay that was not paying attention the other day. Just get a couple cats and have them fixed, they will figure out real quick that there are too many mice. I am fixin to move and he is going with me, very gentle, even plays with the dog.
                Last edited by Drenalin_Ag99; 12-23-2012, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Just got my 4th barn cat. This one is a male, but I cut him (castrated). Did it quicker than a young bull, just had my helper wear welding gloves! Cut the sack and yank 'em out. He is fine and fat and leaving mice, rats, birds and baby rabbits at the door. Vets are overrated (except for rabies shots, the rest you can do yourself).

Be sure and feed them in the barn and only the barn. They will take care of you.

When aquiring a kitten, hold it upside down by its back legs.... If it makes noise and gets mad, it is usually a tom ( this is also a good way to check the sex of a chicken). Cause sometimes when they are small, you just cannot be certain.
                  Last edited by Bowdark; 12-23-2012, 11:46 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

My Harvester!
                    Attached Files

Comment

They're good and bad...... We keep a mess of them around the barn and for the most part, they do a good job with mice control. Negatives, they could go after your chics and rabbits and they like to keep warm under the hood of your car. Coyotes love them too.

Comment

Originally posted by TimH View Post
                        They're good and bad...... We keep a mess of them around the barn and for the most part, they do a good job with mice control. Negatives, they could go after your chics and rabbits and they like to keep warm under the hood of your car. Coyotes love them too.
                        Yes, they are excellent coyote chow but the ones that survive living outside are the best ones for barn cats. My neighbor has one that lives outside but it has a place to climb up out of danger. A good barn can is not much of a pet though and some can be down right mean. As said before they are of the devil.

Comment

Working...
                        X