Shooting Sand Bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting Sand Bags

I'm looking for sandbags similar to the homemade kind made from blue jean legs, but want to purchase them instead of making them. Anyone have any ideas where I can find something like this?

Alpine Range in Ft Worth has them for $4 each. They are basically some sewn canvas filled with sugar sand.

Comment

midway usa

Comment

I know that I bought mine from Academy. They are like a rust colored suede. A little bit of a pain to fill up but overall I have been happy with mine. They come two to a package. During the season I throw the bigger on on the floorboard infront of my seat and when I need it it fits on the mirror nicely, the smaller one stays in my backpack and goes to the blind as an extra.

>E

Comment

I've looked on Midway and couldn't find the style I was looking for.

I'll have to check out Academy and call the range in Ft Worth!

Comment

Here are the ones that I am talking about. Even though Academy doesn't have them on their website they do sell the same exact ones. They are usually right next to the ammunition on the same isle. You have to look for them because the packaging is kind of small. Just imagine about 4 pieces of suede stacked ontop of each other wrapped in plastic and that is what you are looking for

>E

Comment

Sportsmans Guide

Comment

Ah... That would explain my confusion! I'm looking for a different style than the one's posted.

Basically if you envision cutting the leg off of a pair of blue jeans then cutting it in half. Take that section, sew one end, fill with sand, sew the other end. Just a simple square bag. They're not too hard to make, just would prefer pre-made.

Thanks for the help so far though!!

Comment

Shooting Sand Bags

Originally posted by AggieHunter View Post
                  Ah... That would explain my confusion! I'm looking for a different style than the one's posted.

Basically if you envision cutting the leg off of a pair of blue jeans then cutting it in half. Take that section, sew one end, fill with sand, sew the other end. Just a simple square bag. They're not too hard to make, just would prefer pre-made.

Thanks for the help so far though!!
                  See the picture and let me know if that's what you are looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    See the picture and let me know if that's what you are looking for.
                    WINNER!!

Comment

Shooting Sand Bags

I use the bags that lead shot comes in and fill them with small aquarium gravel. Sand makes dust and over time the dust gets on my guns.

Comment

Originally posted by AggieHunter View Post
                        WINNER!!
                        I'm probably going by there sometime this weekend. How many do you want? I can pick them up and ship em to ya. I see you live in Breckenridge. That's quite a ways to drive for some sandbags.

Send me a pm I'd interested.

Comment

Working...
                        X