Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No more hunting of addax and scimitar oryx antelope!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No more hunting of addax and scimitar oryx antelope!!!

Glad I shot my oryx last weeknd. Things are finalized as of now, and any day they will have to be permitted to hunt and the price will go up considerably cause of the permitting process and hassel. Biologist are saying to outfitters not to schedule oryx hunts more than 3 days ahead! I shot a 41in at the Diamond C Ranch. He wants his gone and you can still get one for only $1,500!!!! Here's mine. There's even bigger ones out there too.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Big 41in oryx!!!.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	24809661

Here's the low down..............
    As the result of an HSUS and Friends of Animals assault on a rule exempting captive U.S. members of three antelope species from Endangered Species Act prohibitions, those three species are now in jeopardy. While HSUS and Friends celebrate a success in court, the ramifications of their empty victory have undermined conservation efforts for these species in the United States.

Although scimitar-horned oryx, dama gazelle and addax have either disappeared, or all but disappeared in their home ranges in Northern Africa, captive herds of the species have been thriving on ranches here in the United States, in great part due to the ranchers’ ability to sell, trade, breed and allow hunting of members of these captive populations without ESA restriction. The freedom to manage these animals has encouraged private owners to raise large herds and these animals now number in the thousands in the United States. Though, in 2005, the FWS listed the three species as endangered, at the same time the agency adopted a rule that would exempt captive members of the three species in the United States from ordinary ESA restrictions.

HSUS and Friends of Animals filed suit to challenge that rule. Their goal was to prevent the hunting of individual animals, regardless of the cost to the species as a whole. They did not succeed. The court did not find that hunting of these species was illegal and rejected HSUS and Friends’ assertions that hunting in the U.S. encouraged poaching or brought any other harm to members of the species outside of the U.S. The court also dismissed the animal rights groups’ allegations that they were in any way harmed by the hunting of the species in the United States.

The Court ruled in the two groups’ favor on only a single issue. The judge decided that the ESA does not allow a blanket exemption to endangered species prohibitions and that those who wish to hunt or otherwise conduct activities that amount to a “taking” of these three antelope species, must apply for an individual enhancement of survival permit from the FWS. The judge ruled that because the permit applications must be published in the Federal Register, the notice of the application makes it possible for individuals and groups to comment on the proposed activities.

The judge’s ruling forecasts the end to the system that has allowed the three species to increase in the United States. The additional bureaucracy and delays introduced by the application and Federal Register notice procedures will make it more difficult and more expensive for ranchers to raise these animals. More likely than not, ranchers with existing herds will no longer wish to raise and breed these animals. Fewer and fewer ranchers will keep their herds and as a result, the next few years will see a dramatic decline in the number of herds and ultimately the number of animals in the U.S.

HSUS and Friends of Animals are busy patting themselves on the back over their “victory” in the courts. Ironically there is no victory for anyone. HSUS and Friends did not succeed in making hunting of scimitar-horned oryx, dama gazelle and addax illegal. They only succeeded in sabotaging an amazing conservation effort for these three species.

Latest News Join Today 1 Year Membership: $65 3 Year Membership: $150 Life Member: $1500 Join About Us Membership & Chapter Services Publications Advocacy bear hunting big game hunting big game hunting trips book a hunt deer hunting duck hunting elk hunting guided bear hunts guided deer hunts guided elk hunts guided hunts guided moose hunts hunting advocacy hunting freedom hunting organizations hunting trips international hunting join safari club moose hunting mountain lion hunting safari safari club international safari club membership sci waterfowl hunting where to hunt whitetail deer hunting wildlife conservation

I am not certain, but I believe this is the form that the article is talking about:
    This is a collection of public-facing forms used by various programs. Forms specifically for permits under the various conservation laws we administer may be found on our ePermits site. Forms for internal use are available to employees on our intranet site.

Very nice Russ

Comment

Nice oryx!..

Comment

Beautiful animal, congrats

Comment

People are just idiots. It's like, hey, brewmiester, I think you should mix this and that into the beer blah blah blah so that blah blah blah......

Same with these people...I think blah blah because I'm a knucklehead and think blah ect....

Comment

I don't think it will happen. Land rights will trump it.

Comment

This really goes to show that these groups don't really care about the animals as much as they do about stopping hunting.

Comment

Wow!!! What a trophy!!! Congrats Brother!!!

Comment

Nice way to come through!

Comment

It appearers these folks are trying to outsmart common sense. Who enforces these laws anyway? I still fail to see how (arguably) livestock can be controlled like this.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Bone View Post
                      It appearers these folks are trying to outsmart common sense. Who enforces these laws anyway? I still fail to see how (arguably) livestock can be controlled like this.
                      My thoughts exactly!

Nice Oryx.

I couldn't get the line to the SCI article to work.

Comment

I don't see any mention of feral oryx in that storie.

Comment

Nice Oryx!

Comment

This is one of the dumbest rulings in a while. Their goal is to help the species, but its actually going to decrease their numbers drastically! There are going to be lots of people that let their herds go b/c they don't want to deal with the hassle.

Very nice Scimitar! Congrats!

Comment

nice oryx.

the lower portion of your post looks like it's from 2009, not anything current....

Comment

Working...
                              X