Snakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snakes

I guess it hasn't been too cold, I just found an 18" rattler right next to my house. I've lived here about 3 years and this is my first time seeing a snake of any kind. I have a 2 1/2 year old grandson that loves playing outside and a 9 pound mutt, now I'm worried.

I bet it was on the southwest side of your house! Sunning himself!

You need to get a cat!

Comment

Killed a rattler coiled up at the front door a couple years ago. 2nd week of December.

Was in the living room watching football and could hear him rattling at my grandpa's cat trying to get back inside.

Comment

Man that is scary, glad he didn’t get anyone

Comment

Good chance there's a den nearby or under the house, I'd get someone to check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Flint knapper View Post
            I bet it was on the southwest side of your house! Sunning himself!

You need to get a cat!
            Close, he was definitely catching some rays.

Comment

Porch of our cabin Saturday night. Fourth time my buddy checked the chicken on the grill he finally rattled. Directly under the grill in the background.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Comment

I killed one trying to get into my backyard two years ago Christmas Eve. A car going by saw it crossing the street and my neighbor came and knock on my door. By the time I got out it was getting by my side door on the way to my backyard.

Comment

They are out all year long. Killed snakes in December and January. One Jauary morning it was 34°F and one crawled by.

Comment

My buddy went to his ranch in Memphis Tx last week and was supposed to stay until sometime this week. However, he killed 10 rattlers right at his house in two days. He is getting older and he was up there by himself.Saturday am when he killed two right after his am hunt, he packed his bags and headed home to Waxahachie.

Comment

I've seen snakes in every month of the year at some point or another and it gets ungodly cold up here. One was so cold it could barely move. Seen it during pheasant season.

Comment

January pic from our former lease--

Comment

Working...
                        X