Deer and pop-up blind question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer and pop-up blind question

Just put out a few pop-up blinds at my buddy's place.

How long should we wait before hunting?

or put another way, about how long do you think it takes for deer to get used to them?

Did you brush them in

Comment

We put them up all the time and hunt them the next day. Used to brush them in like crazy and don't even do that anymore. We try to at least make sure they have a good backdrop but that's it. You will get all kinds of different answers on this one I'm pretty sure. Good luck!

Comment

I brush them in them hunt um

Comment

I've found that if you can set it up under a low limb it works much better.

Comment

Brush them in

Comment

I used to try to brush them in, but they still looked like a blind with brush piled on and around it. I do try to put them under low hanging limbs in the shade.

Comment

They don’t seem to mind mine most of the time. There is always that doe though

Comment

I hunted out of one last year at the Daughtery WMA. I set it up in the morning and after a few hours I had all kinds of game all around. I did let it air out at home a few days prior to setting it up. Oh, and I didn't brush it in, but did have it set up against a big oak tree. YMMV

Comment

I never brush in. I hunt same day and kill deer or have chances. My deer here in East Texas and Kansas don’t seem to care YMMV

Comment

I think it depends on the deer in your area.....see previous posts......I put one out for my son and I to sit in due to iffy winds at my main feeder....took them about five days to get used to it. The day I put it up I sat in my tripod stand so I could see their reaction. When deer came in they watched that blind like a hawk. A few deer walked off without eating. By the time I brought my son back they would feed without any trouble. I have always like to brush my blinds in. Now, at my buddies place in Junction.....we set the ground blind up in the open the night before and the next day animals walk right in.

Comment

A lot depends on your deer and setup. I haven't had much luck plopping one down right next to the feeder and being able to hunt it the next day. If you set it up 30+ yards away though it doesn't seem to bother them any where near as much. I'll then hand corn to get them in closer. My biggest archery buck to date was taken the 2nd day after setting out the pop up at 35 yards. I had him on camera at a rifle setup so I no choice but to do something last minute. Didn't have any problem with him coming in although he stayed at the feeder so it was a 35 yard shot. Here's a pic of the setup, outline is broken up but no brushing in.

Comment

Working...
                        X