No announcement yet.

RECOVERED! Tracked and bayed 16 hours after shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice job! Glad this beautiful buck will be cherished forever instead of dying to the hands of a pack of coyotes to never be seen again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
      Serious question, since you technically killed the deer with your pistol do you have to tag the deer since the hunter wasn't the one who actually did the deed? I have always wondered what law is on baying up a deer with just a leg wound or something else that isn't necessarily a fatal hit.
      No. I don't have to tag the deer. See previous reply with humane dispatch law. Hunters should always make every attempt at finding wounded game. It is not illegal to track a wounded deer leaving a blood trail with a dog, regardless of where it is hit. This particular deer was hurt bad and the most humane thing to do was find it and dispatch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
        Awesome! Way to go!

Courtney will chime in on the legality and it will be along the lines of - a tracker with a tracking dog can legally dispatch a wounded deer for the hunter. The hunter shall use their own tag on the deer.

Believe this cause it is true.

Comment

congrats

Comment

I don't know if some of the comments on here about the legality of the way you recover the buck are just sarcastic to stir the pot.

Why can someone just see the positive outcome of the hard work you did in recovering a wounded deer.

Again excellent tracking dog and hard work on your part.

Comment

Congrats. Beautiful rack.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Great job!! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Nice work, and one heck of an endorsement for using tracking dog services. That buck was definitely worth the effort.

Comment

Also, see attached for those wondering about legality.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jtslush View Post
                        Also, see attached for those wondering about legality.

Thank you again great job on recovering the deer .

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by RF76 View Post
                            I don't know if some of the comments on here about the legality of the way you recover the buck are just sarcastic to stir the pot.

Why can someone just see the positive outcome of the hard work you did in recovering a wounded deer.

Again excellent tracking dog and hard work on your part.
                            I don't think the questions were sarcastic or questioning the ethics of those involved. I took them as sincere questions regarding the legality of the situation, and a good opportunity to educate fellow hunters. At least that was what I read into it.

I do agree with your third sentence!

Comment

Originally posted by jtslush View Post
                              No. I don't have to tag the deer. See previous reply with humane dispatch law. Hunters should always make every attempt at finding wounded game. It is not illegal to track a wounded deer leaving a blood trail with a dog, regardless of where it is hit. This particular deer was hurt bad and the most humane thing to do was find it and dispatch it.

This^^^^ makes so much sense that is amazes me how some Counties still make it illegal to use a dog to track a wounded deer.

Comment

Redacted

Comment

Working...
                                X