Morning hunt goliad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning hunt goliad

Raining pretty good as this front is passing thru. Got six does out in rain eating corn on the road. All the cows made beeline to the brush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got exciting here for a little while in the middle of the down pour. Had 6 or 8 bucks come thru running does at full speed. All happened fast but didn’t look like any would make AR.

Comment

Seems early for that much interest in the does
      But I did see lots of scrapes there last week
      Thanks for the report

BP

Comment

Beautiful country up there. Is that still a one buck county?

Comment

Getting rained on right now outside Victoria. Hopefully they will start moving after the rain stops

Comment

Good luck in my old home town!!!

Comment

The dominant classic AR buck ended up running the rest off and has a doe locked down. He’s a mature 10pt heavy beams maybe 10” wide.

Comment

I was on stand last week hoping to shoot a doe but a small 5 pt spoiled that for running after them. Had a big six come by just cruising by me. Yes the rut has started in Goliad. Hope to be there tomorrow and get a hunt in. They are not coming to corn.

Comment

Back on the stand this evening. Since I saw 6 does and at least 6 bucks this morning I’m hunting same blind. That’s about 3 times what I saw all archery season.

Comment

Just down the road from you guys ay Gillett. Rained right at shooting light then couple minutes later 10 pt 17” spread walks out nose to the ground. Full rut with this guy. Still can’t figure out how to post pics!

Comment

Working...
                    X