No announcement yet.

Nerve Pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife is going through a similar thing. They are going to try and deaden the nerve endings in her vertebrae. The next step is fusing the vertebrae. Let me if her new treatment works. I sure hope it does. It’s tough to see our ladies in pain.

Comment

Originally posted by DNTRanch View Post
      May I ask if not over the counter were does he get it from. I have heard good things about this.

My brothers wife is a rep for a company that produces some of the highest grade cbd oil as well as she is a registered nurse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got discharged from the Army in 1995 due to multiple foot problems. In 2011 the 6th doctor I went to due to knee pain found the root cause was a “severe foot deformity”. 5 surgeries later and nerve problems have just progressively gotten worse. Half of my left foot is numb which has lead to other problems.

My nerve pain is multifaceted. I get the lightning bolt pains, the prickly needle pain, the painful muscle cramps, and the painful ache. I tried Gabapentine and it seemed to help some but it changed my personality and so I had to stop taking it. The nerve doc put me on Amatryptaline and that has helped, some. When it gets real bad I have Tramadol to help me get to sleep, or Nucynta which knocks me out when it is extremely bad.

The big problem I have now is the nerve pain is moving to my other leg/foot and is getting worse. To top it off my insurance won’t pay to find out what is going on, but they will pay for pills. If it gets too much worse then I’m going to have to stop working.

Has your wife seen a pain management doctor yet? I’ve heard good things out of the ones that actually try alternative means of pain management instead of pain pills. That will be the next doctor that I go see.

Comment

She has been seeing a pain management DR for a little over 2 years. They were able to help with the original issue ( crushed disk ). I still wish we had gone to the doctor sooner with that one , they could have fixed the issue. But by the time she decided to seek help it had healed. So now it can't be fixed. They are trying to help with the nerve pain, but so far she has had little relief.

Comment

Please be sure to read the warnings for lyrica . . Hope it works out for you . .

Comment

I herniated my back l5-s1 in April of this year. I had two epi shots that didn’t work at all. It took two months and I got it to calm down. The things that helped was walking daily and spinal decompression at a chiropractor.
              I reherniated it in September and opted to have a discetomy. It’s been a month since the surgery. The radiculopathy is gone but I still has some muscle soreness from surgery. I started CBD today to try and help with that.
              I know your wife’s nerve involvement is in a different location. I would first of all find a great neurosurgeon and get his advise. If the nerve is being irritated sometimes the only cure is surgery. A good neuro will get you on the right track

Comment

It's a little better today. I'm sceptical that one dose of Lyrica made that big of difference. But the mind is a powerful thing, so if think it will work maybe it helps.

Comment

Don’t know how far you are from Tyler, but I suggest a visit to Dr. Todd Raabe at Azaela Orthopecis. He performed my surgery as well as several other I know personally and he is a life saver.

Comment

Originally posted by huntandfishguy6 View Post
                    It's a little better today. I'm sceptical that one dose of Lyrica made that big of difference. But the mind is a powerful thing, so if think it will work maybe it helps.
                    Glad she is doing a little better. I think you are right. I believe there is likely some placebo effect. Just don't tell her! Almost certainly her back issue(s) is not resulting in symptoms in her arm, neck and head. Hope she continues to feel better! Best wishes.

Comment

Working...
                    X