Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

South TX ponds what do you plant around the pond/dam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Croton..

Comment

Right now I’d plant rye grass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Agree I'd go with winter rye right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          Holy hell for the love of god.
          To get completely sidetracked from the OP's question, I've always wondered why someone of your 'faith' persuasion never declares: "Holy Nirvana!" or "For the love of Buddha!" or "Krishna Dagnabit!"

Comment

Try going to Native American Seed website-they are in Junction. They have different seed mixes for restoration projects, for tanks or ponds doesn't matter.

Comment

Hydroseeding it with millet and native grass
              Pregerminate it and it will sprout in 1- 2 days

Comment

Call it what you want... geez... we have buffel on most of ours..

Comment

Originally posted by 250AI View Post
                  Try going to Native American Seed website-they are in Junction. They have different seed mixes for restoration projects, for tanks or ponds doesn't matter.
                  thanks!

Comment

bermuda

Comment

I thought Tanks were what you put tropical fish in or ?? We call them watering holes. The Britts are always talking about across the pond ??

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
                        To get completely sidetracked from the OP's question, I've always wondered why someone of your 'faith' persuasion never declares: "Holy Nirvana!" or "For the love of Buddha!" or "Krishna Dagnabit!"
                        LOL!

Comment

Rye this time of year for quick erosion control. Mix Bermuda seed in now or wait and Native vegetation should come up next spring.

Comment

I planted rye and Bermuda two weeks ago on my new tank dam. The rye is up already.

Comment

Originally posted by DeerGeek View Post
                              Rye this time of year for quick erosion control. Mix Bermuda seed in now or wait and Native vegetation should come up next spring.
                              Planting bermuda from seed is a booger even when the nights are warm, I would wait until the spring when the nights get warmer. Right now they are getting cooler and bermuda is thinking about going dormant.

Rye grass is perfect get a good stand then over seed with the bermuda in March.

Comment

Working...
                              X