Is this gettin old?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
    Lol, wait until you turn 47. I have plantar fasciitis in my feet, my knees pop, arthritis in my hands, shoulders hurt, vision is going, soon I will need reading glasses, and you get see the doctor more. Good luck, lol
    Thanks. I'm pushing 49 and don't have all that yet.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
      Not too long ago I strained a muscle in my back putting on my socks. 42yrs old here, it’s only gonna get worse! [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      You have to warm up, first.

Comment

49, both knees and shoulders operated on. Jumping out of truck is not even on the radar for me as I fear i blow a knee out. We were working cattle a couple weeks ago and I was cutting cows to go into the sweep tub. I had a couple crazy cows in there and we are working them on foot. I had a Brahma cross the put me over the fence. I wished I had video of that, I think I could win some cash on most funny video show. I still got some moves when needed it seeems. On the same day while branding them, I stepped on a rock about palm size and it rolled my foot and fell to ground. Laying there I thought getting old sucks.
        Last edited by brushtrooper; 03-25-2018, 03:24 AM.

Comment

I believe that diet and exercise is remedy for most of this. But I think the other half is hereditary

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
            35 and you're having problems? Either you need to see a doctor or you may be a wimp. I climbed telephone poles for 28 years and fell off 9 of them. I've already built 5 metal buildings this year among the other welding work I've done. I'm 68 and still going strong but there is a secret. Yoga. If I didn't do my 5 minute routine in the morning and 15 minute one in the evening, I probably wouldn't still be able to do it.

Agree totally. Most of the things I see people running to the Doc for and/or missing work for almost makes me laugh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

47 here and it's not going as good as I hoped. Lower back issue that seems to flare up at the worst times . Additionally, vision is starting to go. I can still get after it but recovery time is way longer than it used to be.

Comment

You are just getting started. When I was 53 I fell from a twelve foot bow stand and bruised my hip real bad, broke several ribs. I am 74 now and that little fall was why I had to have that hip eventually replaced. You are getting old but it sounds like you are learning to get good at it. Lol

Comment

Just keep living. It gets worse!

Comment

Most of my problems are pay back for my younger days. Football, steer wrestlin, dirt bikes and such. My knees are shot and the ol lower back ain't what it used to be. I wouldn't change a thing though.

Comment

My mother in law used to say "when you get old, you ain't worth a da**". She lived to be 92 and was in pretty good health until she fell and broke her hip.

Comment

Come on Alice! I'm 65 and could spend half a day typing about my ailments but my hands would be hurting too bad by the end of the rant, so I just live with the pain. Get use to it, it only gets worse.

Comment

Wow y'all make me feel good about my aging! I'm 47, out of shape, treated my body like crap, still drink a lot of Jack Daniels with no hangovers, etc. I know my day is coming but it hasn't yet.

It does take longer to heal when i do something stupid and hurt myself though. Recently i was driving fenced posts and it hit a rock. I tried to power through it and hit it hard. Felt like fire shooting up my arm. My tendon in my thumb still hurts from time to time.

I think it's because i have a young wife and young kids. They are definitely keeping me young!

Comment

My back kills me

Signed age 42

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                              35 and you're having problems? Either you need to see a doctor or you may be a wimp. I climbed telephone poles for 28 years and fell off 9 of them. I've already built 5 metal buildings this year among the other welding work I've done. I'm 68 and still going strong but there is a secret. Yoga. If I didn't do my 5 minute routine in the morning and 15 minute one in the evening, I probably wouldn't still be able to do it.
                              What's a big ole redneck like you doing yoga? I've been known to do some light stretching but wouldn't call it yoga. It's the stretches we used in football and the army.

(They have similar stretches in yoga but i call them my football stretches)

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                                Were you wearing Crocs? [emoji102]

Skinny
                                Probably wearing flip flops with his hat on backwards.

You are just getting started with the hurting, aches and pains. Mine started hitting me at about 42, been downhill since. Suck it up.........

Comment

Working...
                                X