Lake amistead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake amistead

Anybody fished lake amistead lately? I'm heading down this weekend, just thought I would see if anybody had figured out what the fish were eating, depth you caught them in, stuff like that. I know how fishermen work, we don't share our secrets a lot. But I sure would be appreciative for any info at all.

Lake amistead

I’m jealous. Hope you whack some slabs! Been wanting to fish there since the first BASS elite event years ago

Sierracharlie out…
    Last edited by sierracharlie338; 01-29-2018, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Last time I went to amistead it didn’t matter what you threw. Just fish. My favorite lake of all time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fireman0684 View Post
        Anybody fished lake amistead lately? I'm heading down this weekend, just thought I would see if anybody had figured out what the fish were eating, depth you caught them in, stuff like that. I know how fishermen work, we don't share our secrets a lot. But I sure would be appreciative for any info at all.
        I was out about a week ago bank fishing and only managed two bass. Both on top water lures. Info I heard is that there is still areas with grass on them, and if you can find those fish the inside edge of the grass ( between the grass and shoreline) 15-20 feet deep. Try fishing the north shorelines which should be getting more sun. Bass should have started looking to be shallower and searching for spawning areas. Water seemed to be in the low 50s which is not the norm for this time of year.. Watermelon red flake and really most of the more "natural" colors used to produce regularly due to the clear water. Having said that, I always had some kind of plastics in black with red flake or red swirled into the black. Sorry I can't be of anymore help but I am just getting back into fishing. Feel free to ask or pm me if I can help answer sonmething else.

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
        I’m jealous. Hope you whack some slabs! Been wanting to fish there since the first BASS elite event years ago

Sierracharlie out…
        Make it happen bud. Fishing has been much tougher since the time of the elite fishing events but this will be one of the most beautiful lakes you will ever visit.

Originally posted by Bh_liberty View Post
        Last time I went to amistead it didn’t matter what you threw. Just fish. My favorite lake of all time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Unfortunately, fishing has gone down over the last few year with the water level but as of recent months the lake is up about 7-8 feet. There is flooded brush that will make for an awesome spawn which will be a great benefit in the near future.

Comment

I heard there was a guide named Garca on that lake!

I bet he could help you out and probably even gives fireman discounts!!!

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
            I heard there was a guide named Garca on that lake!

I bet he could help you out and probably even gives fireman discounts!!!

No way I'm going with garca guide service. Guy requires more rod than I am prepared to fish with. Thanks doug

Comment

Here is a link to a TPWD fishing report... Not sure how accurate the fishing side of it is but the water temps are more in line what I would expect than what I reported up above. Not sure how accurate my 51 degree reading was now. If temps are indeed at 60-64 the spawn will began shortly...

Amistad weekly fishing reports for selected Texas inland and coastal waters, with access to past reports

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                Here is a link to a TPWD fishing report... Not sure how accurate the fishing side of it is but the water temps are more in line what I would expect than what I reported up above. Not sure how accurate my 51 degree reading was now. If temps are indeed at 60-64 the spawn will began shortly...

https://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish...p?lake=AMISTAD

I expect water temps to be mid 50's personally, but we will see when I get there. I highly doubt we will see water in the 60's. Thanks though, I sure hope they are. I'd much rather fish in 15' of water than 25' personally

Comment

Never fished it but heard it’s great for bass

Comment

Working...
                  X