Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you just disqualify yourself from Boone and Crockett?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M16 View Post
    I love being one of the elites with my name in the outdated book. It's quite an accomplishment. Love how people wouldn't enter a deer even if they killed one. That's because in all probability they know they never will.

Not true for me anyway. I killed a P&Y buck but didn’t enter it because I had a red dot electronic sight on my bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
      This is only half true^^^They do list the gross now along with the net in the book....So it is no longer outdated either.
      Listing it is not the issue. Do you qualify with gross? or still net? #outdated

Comment

Their club their rules, I just wish they had more whitetail categories so people wouldn't be so eager to move genetics all over the place to chase inches that shouldn't be where they are.

Comment

Great post, thanks. I don't have any of those cameras but plan to get two when the season ends.
          Originally posted by TKK View Post
          Not sure why all the hate for B&C. Seems to be an honorable organization to me
          It is a club, there rules! Nothing wrong with that. Heck, p&y finally allowed lighted nocks a few years ago. Easy to find fault with any group as we don't look at any of the positive attributes.
          Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
          Well the line was going to have to be drawn somewhere as the kick and shoot places will end up being the demise of hunting in public opinion. Not an endorsement of B&C just a general statement.
          Yep, I agree. I hope to put an arrow thru a B&C one day. I put my critters in SCI as everything the animal grew is qualified. Also, the funds geaux directly to conservation work.

Comment

Not much interested in entering any deer I kill in the B&C or P&Y! Just satisfied with the animal and the memories of him! I don't need the world to know that I killed an exceptional animal!!!!

Comment

What else disqualifies a deer from Boone and Crockett?
              Say, you train a buck to eat corn on the road from the time he was a nubbin buck? Watch him every year until you put a hole in him at 7 or 8 yrs old?
              Same kind of surveillance?

Comment

So do you think there are more B&C eligible whitetails not entered than are entered? I have quite a few that qualify for P&Y and never entered any of them. I have one that is very close to B&C eligible from 2002. I was on the fence then if I would submit if it ended up netting. Nowadays, Im very sure I wouldnt enter it. I like chasing big bucks or any mature buck for that matter. There just isnt an appeal to be included in the "club".

Comment

What a ridiculous rule! It's not like you can get a text or email showing a buck's in or headed to your stand while at your house, drive out there, jump in the stand, and kill him. That is more likely to completely mess up your chances of being successful. The entire concept was designed to help the hunter not have to physically go check trail cameras, contaminating the area with human scent repeatedly. I doubt most B&C members are aware of the rule. Surely, if they were made aware, they would voice their opinions over the matter.

Personally, I don't enter my bucks in any record book, including my state's trophy deer registry. The buck in my avatar scored 167 & 1/8 P&Y, and I have 13 others that are over 125 P&Y net. They are my trophies, and only really mean anything to me and my close family & friends. I don't slight anyone who wants to enter theirs, though. Roll on with it, I like looking at them & reading the stories of how you took them!

Comment

I have no desire to ever enter a buck in any book and never will. I think any record book or organization should only enter the animal taken with pics of it, area taken and score. Not one pic of the hunter or mention of them. It should be about the animal taken and where.

Comment

Well . . . I guess that’s a good thing my lease doesn’t get cell service. [emoji849]

Comment

I get more enjoyment out of my game cams than I do scores anyway !!! so B&C and P&Y has no excitement for me.

Comment

Originally posted by bukkskin View Post
                          What else disqualifies a deer from Boone and Crockett?

Say, you train a buck to eat corn on the road from the time he was a nubbin buck? Watch him every year until you put a hole in him at 7 or 8 yrs old?

Same kind of surveillance?

Oh no. Strategic high fence and completely conditioned deer that you have to push out of the way with your bumper are totally fair chase wild deer.

#kingranch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Last edited by Etxnoodler; 11-24-2017, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                              Oh no. Strategic high fence and completely conditioned deer that you have to push out of the way with your bumper are totally fair chase wild deer.

#kingranch
                              , LOL
                              Yes of course that is OK.

Wild/Native!!!! bwaaaahahah

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
                                I have no desire to ever enter a buck in any book and never will. I think any record book or organization should only enter the animal taken with pics of it, area taken and score. Not one pic of the hunter or mention of them. It should be about the animal taken and where.

But how can we satisfy all of those egos doing it that way?

Comment

Working...
                                X