Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leroy and Lewis

Comment

Salty Sow. Best part is it’s out of the downtown/campus area mess and crowds. Look it up on yelp. You won’t be disappointed.
      South Congress Cafe if you want to do the trendy/tourist area. Food is excellent once you get past the sidewalk weirdos. There is a old cowboy singer that hangs out in front and he’s actually fun to listen to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've lived in Austin nearly all my life, and my favorite place right now is Sao Paulo's.

Check out the reviews here: https://www.yelp.com/biz/sao-paulos-restaurant-austin

My favorite menu items are the beef cebollado, pollo magdalena, beef milanesa, and beef stroganoff (Brazillian style of course). Their tiny cheesey rolls are like nothing I've ever had and come with every meal.

I second Ranch 616 and Evangeline's as other great spots.

Comment

I go eat Mexican food at Marianas on Stassney and I-35

Comment

Enchiladas y mas

Comment

Taverna in downtown is a great brunch spot.
              Swifts Attic is also good.

Comment

tbh is last place to ask for food places, all i see are tourist places mentioned.

Comment

SLAB bar b que

Comment

I am a fan of Guero’s...

Comment

The Noble Pig is awesome and unique

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
                        tbh is last place to ask for food places, all i see are tourist places mentioned.
                        You provided so much help with that post. Not only are you wrong about '"tourist" places but you didn't even offer a suggestion. What is a tourist restaurant?

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                          You provided so much help with that post. Not only are you wrong about '"tourist" places but you didn't even offer a suggestion. What is a tourist restaurant?
                          Ain't that the truth

I say Magnolia Cafe on Congress...or perhaps Jack Allens Kitchen. Or a plethora of hole in the walls I don't know most by name, I just jump in the passenger seat when I'm visiting family and go wherever they wanna go

Comment

Bruiser- Evangeline's Cafe a tourist place- Can you tell me anything about it? Magnolia Cafe on Lake Austin is where I read the paper. I see the same tourist in there almost daily.

Comment

Check out gourdoughs on south Lamar, they have all kinds of sandwiches, breakfast, and burgers, but the bread is like a donut. Ate there once and can't wait to go back. Fun atmosphere.

Comment

Thanks folks. Will hit one on the way up and one on the way back Sunday.
                                Going to Lometa to relax for a couple of days.............

Comment

Working...
                                X