Any auto electricians out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any auto electricians out there?

I have wired new Spyder Halo headlights into my 2010 Toyota Tundra...However, now my turn signals do not come on when I don't have the lights on.
    When lights are on my tail lights don't come on, and the blinkers blink but both blink at same time along with my fog lights.

Heres what I did. The HB lights and LB lights are plug-n-play so I didn't touch anything there. In order for me to wire up the LED halos I had to cut the original wires to the blinkers and daytime running lights. I then wired the negative wires to the negative wire on the light assembly and the blinkers/running lights to the positive wires.

Any thoughts? Or should I just take to a professional?

I can get some pics of the wiring tomorrow afternoon if anyone has an idea.

Comment

If I read it right, sounds like you connected all your circuits in one loop.

Are all your connections tied into one point? Meaning, all the positives are connected at the same point, and same with negative.

Comment

I think so, pos with pos and neg with neg.

Hard to follow on the signal lights because were white, purple and pink.

Comment

I was confused because only a positive and negative wire coming out of housing. Yet, the original signal light has 3 wires. Negative, daytime running and signal.

Comment

Any pics?

Comment

I don't think there are anymore auto mechanics, now days they're all auto computer geeks! . But I'm no help, it got to where we couldn't rig up our hunting lights on the newer trucks without going to the mechanic shop, very frustrating.

Comment

I think you should have used only the DLR wires the halos have nothing to do with the blinkers.

Comment

Working...
                X