No announcement yet.

Menard/Mason/Brady 2019-2020 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20 degrees here this morning. Clear all night and this morning with no wind. I am sure that the breeze will pickup from the SE as it warms up this afternoon. Deer were REALLY on their feet yesterday afternoon.
    More reports of rutting activity though it is a couple of weeks ahead of schedule. Be safe and good luck this weekend. See you at the Hunter's Blowout.
    Adios,
    Gary

Comment

Originally posted by wilcox1088 View Post
      Hunted Menard last weekend. The acorns on our place are ridiculous, saw a buck at one point stand for five minutes eating acorns off of a tree. I had a buck that I’ve been watching for the past three years finally show up while I was in the bow blind. He’s not the biggest deer in the world but he is the biggest whitetail I’ve harvested with my bow and I’m extremely happy with him. The history with this deer makes it that much more special. He carried his mass all the way out. The lowest mass measurement I got was 3 3/8. According to his jaw and our biologist he’s a five year old deer.
      [ATTACH]977270[/ATTACH]
      [ATTACH]977271[/ATTACH]
      [ATTACH]977272[/ATTACH]
      Great deer Curt! Congrats!

Comment

Nice deer! Be Brady bound hopefully here in about 2-3 hours!

Comment

Originally posted by SHSU18 View Post

Same here...

Comment

Congrats to your son. Heck of a deer.

Comment

Originally posted by SHSU18 View Post
              Same, but to Doss

Comment

Good luck in the morning men!

Comment

Any chance they are breeding allready in Menard area?

I shot a doe today that had some uhhh off white elmers glue looking stuff oozing from her hooha.
                  She wasn’t being ran by bucks, just the biggest in the group I decided to turn into hamburger.

Other does we’re getting ran by some youngsters. Maybe their is reason behind their chasing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Someone ran over a big one between Fredonia and Mason this morning..I stopped to drag it out of the road only found pieces of its antlers (something hammered it) PS.. I don’t have small hands
                    Attached Files

Comment

Following along! We just got a place in Menard this year. I'll be out there next weekend too give it a shot! Ready to see what the years bring to us.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                        Any chance they are breeding allready in Menard area?

I shot a doe today that had some uhhh off white elmers glue looking stuff oozing from her hooha.
                        She wasn’t being ran by bucks, just the biggest in the group I decided to turn into hamburger.

Other does we’re getting ran by some youngsters. Maybe their is reason behind their chasing?

I’d say so I saw 2 different mature bucks locked down on does today. Usually when the mature ones are on the does it’s actually breeding time.

Comment

Shot this big doe Saturday morning

Comment

Rut is in full swing. Saw two good bucks straight get after it, all the mature deer have stopped hitting feeders, and saw some mature bucks already tending does. I would say next weekend will be the heaviest activity. I guess with the cold snap it go it started earlier than normal. Between Mason and Brady.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyterry View Post

Shot this big doe Saturday morning

Congrats on the doe, she looks like she’ll eat good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Saturday morning was one of those mornings that only happen once or twice in a lifetime of hunting.. I had some hot doe in the area and between 8:00 and 10:30 I saw 25 different bucks with 19 being bucks I have never laid eyes on.. Not even on camera.. A fight between 2 mature bucks broke out that was video worthy..It was a special morning....

Comment

Working...
                                X