RV AC experts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RV AC experts?

I’m considering a Coleman 13,500 Mach 3 Power Saver for my 16’ Cargo Trailer, I would also like heat but I’m told told the heat strips don’t do much.

This unit is available with a heat pump, how well does the heat pump perform?

The heat strip is only about 5600 BTU. The Heat Pump will only be the same BTU at the AC (So 13,500 BTU) They perform well but the cost is a lot higher for the Heat Pump units versus buying a space heater

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
      The heat strip is only about 5600 BTU. The Heat Pump will only be the same BTU at the AC (So 13,500 BTU) They perform well but the cost is a lot higher for the Heat Pump units versus buying a space heater

I actually started to just text you!

Heat pump adds about $200 which is not bad if it actually works. Other consideration is the heat draws more amps than the AC which is a concern when on gen power

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
        I actually started to just text you!

Heat pump adds about $200 which is not bad if it actually works. Other consideration is the heat draws more amps than the AC which is a concern when on gen power
        It's only 15.6 Amp. That is only 1872 Watts

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
          It's only 15.6 Amp. That is only 1872 Watts

Which maxes the crap out of a single Honda EU2000 Companion but should work.

Comment

The heat pumps have a thermostat on the outdoor coil, and when the coil begins to ice, it shuts down the heat pump and runs the electric element. If you always want heat with an rv heat pump, better get the electric element also. They only have one fan motor, a double shaft which runs the indoor and outdoor coils. A standard heat pump uses 2 motors, and allows for a defrost cycle.

Comment

You gonna tow a mother in law quarters now?

[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

RV AC experts?

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                You gonna tow a mother in law quarters now?

[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ha! No, monthly or more trips to the farm I’m tired of wondering if stuff is gonna get wet, hauling bows and dogs in 100^ heat s d not being able to stop to eat because bows or guns are in back of truck.

Gonna lock all that in the cargo trailer with the Ranger and AC it for the dogs.

And the youngest is going to use it as a camper at motorcross tracks.

I have been wanting to do this for a while, borrowed one for the elk trip and had mine ordered before I was done loading the loaner [emoji23]
                Last edited by bboswell; 10-12-2019, 04:35 PM.

Comment

I went with. 13,500 Coleman Mach 3 which is said to have the lowest starting load in the market.

Honda 2000 would pull it fine if I turned off the echo idle, I then installed a hard start capacitor hoping to fix that. Nope, still have to run at high idle all the time but a single 2000 will run it.

Got my lights, storage cabinet and UTV tie downs installed so we can haul our crap securely and be able to see to load / unload in the dark.

After season I will be painting the floor with epoxy floor paint.

Comment

Working...
                  X