No announcement yet.

MLDP disqualification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our County biologist has been sending emails and even calling folks for the past couple years. Giving every opportunity for the members to learn what’s going to happen. It’s not a rule that just randomly came up. He has the most coop members in the state. More than any other county and he seems to accommodate everyone somehow. But sooner or later there has to be a line In The sand. People that don’t get it done cause more work for him. Unless you have a dead beat biologist that has never helped with these issues then these deadlines are nothing new to coop members. Best of luck in your situation getting things worked out and if it does work out thank your biologist. They didn’t have to accommodate anyone.

Comment

It’s been a massive issue for years and they got tired of hounding folks to get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Did you not know of this April 1 deadline?

Comment

He may have been giving you some time but the higher ups and the computer part of the system may not be as lenient. Give him a shout and see what he says. However, being that this is your first year, he may think that this won't be the end of the delayed record keeping. County guys have a lot on their table, especially the areas with coops and hundreds of small acreage landowners instead of a few land owners with hundreds of 1000's of acres.

Comment

ASAP doesn’t mean in 1-2 weeks....

That’d be like telling a teacher or a boss you’ll turn in a late assignment in 2 weeks vs let me bust it out overnight because they actually give you a chance.

Comment

Curious what damage the deer herd is doing. Have they resorted to rooting up pastures like hogs?

Comment

With a ton of places under their management I can see how it would get out of hand quick if they let everyone submit a week or two after the deadline.

You missed it this time. Lesson learned. Make sure to make the deadline next time.

Comment

Season been over for 3 months it's not that you didn't have time. There's ways to kill the deer you need killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                    Curious what damage the deer herd is doing. Have they resorted to rooting up pastures like hogs?
                    Larry my bet is that the ranch was/is sheep/goat country and the land has been so over grazed there isn't enough browse to sustain healthy deer population. Interested to OP answer

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                      Season been over for 3 months it's not that you didn't have time. There's ways to kill the deer you need killed.

Actually MLD ended February 28.

OP if you know how many tags you were issued and you used them all you just have to enter the total number used. Not the dates the deer were taken or weight like in previous years. I got email reminders for several weeks prior to the deadline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have received numerous e mails from TP&W LMA through out the yr regarding deadlines and entering the information that is required. Got one yesterday notifying me of acceptance for last years data and that I am good to go for next yr on the Conservation Option.

Comment

Better luck next year. The rules are there for a reason.

Comment

Rules are rules. We lost ours on a ranch I guide on last season bc the landowner missed same deadline. 8k acres been on mild for years. Gonna be playing catch up this season.

Comment

So I guess you are going to have a lot of doe hunts this year lol.

Comment

The bio can add you back. Just ask real nice. Whomever was the agent for the land should of got several emails leading up to the deadline.

Comment

Working...
                                X