Galveston...what to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Galveston...what to do

Headed to Galveston the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend for a couple of days. We got a house just a few steps from the beach. Ten minutes from Pleasure Pier, 30 minutes from Kemah....I think. Four adults 4 kids... age 12-6. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hit the search button. If you're bored in Galveston it's your own fault. Fishing, tours, museums, ghost mansions, beach, tons of restaurants, strand, pleasure pier, Moody Gardens, water parks... you name it they have it.
    Last edited by Mexico; 04-13-2021, 11:04 AM.

Comment

^^^^^ He covered it all ! ^^^^^^^^

Comment

Segway RAT PACK TOUR

Comment

Book a guide and do some fishing. All in should run you around $600-650 per boat for bay fishing up to 3 people. That would include the price of the boat, bait and gratuity.

If you need suggestions on guides, that would be very easy to come by from this group. I have multiple myself that I've fished with more than once and would recommend.

Comment

"G" Town, there is something for every taste..... The Strand, Bishops Palace, Aston Villa... Steward Beach, But you cannot not go to the Poop Deck, sit out on the deck and take in the view, with some good drink
            grew on the Island, 21 & M1/2..... Island Rat

Comment

Some of my favorite places to eat are Shrimp 'n Stuff, Black Pearl, and The Spot. Plenty of fishing from the beach front and down near the jetties.

Ride the ferry over to Bolivar.

The beach is more crowded near Galveston proper. Head west for less crowded areas.

and what they said ^^^

Comment

Its going to be very crowded, I'd check on Kemah traffic before you go. 146 is jacked up so traffic there is horrible on normal weekends not to mention a holiday. Lots of good places to eat in G town, sign up for park and pay, you'll need it.

Comment

Always wondered how many follow the advice given on here. Or, just follow the plan the Mrs. already had laid out. Gotta get those Groupon’s used up.

Comment

Schlitterbahn water park is always a blast.

Comment

Grew up down there, it’s always a mad house on holiday weekends. If you want to book a guide start calling around now. Everything else is pretty much covered get some good grub and enjoy the beach. Breakfast burrito from Los Compas is a must.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Relax

Comment

Head to Galveston early. Memorial Day weekend has some of the worst traffic I've ever seen of people trying to get on that Island. Literally, I-45 can be backed up for several miles. There's also a lot of construction in the League City/Dickenson area that will make things worse. Galveston is just crowded these days in general. It's not much of a surprise considering 6 million people live within 60 miles of there.

As for the Kemah Boardwalk. Probably best to just avoid it if you are only going for a couple days. The amount of traffic around there is horrible as well. With that said, if you choose to go, look at a map heading from Galveston. You can take 146 and sort of sneak in a back way.

Personally, if I were going to Galveston on Memorial Day weekend, I'd head to the West end and just stay there. I'd avoid the seawall and 61st Street entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                            Head to Galveston early. Memorial Day weekend has some of the worst traffic I've ever seen of people trying to get on that Island. Literally, I-45 can be backed up for several miles. There's also a lot of construction in the League City/Dickenson area that will make things worse. Galveston is just crowded these days in general. It's not much of a surprise considering 6 million people live within 60 miles of there.

As for the Kemah Boardwalk. Probably best to just avoid it if you are only going for a couple days. The amount of traffic around there is horrible as well. With that said, if you choose to go, look at a map heading from Galveston. You can take 146 and sort of sneak in a back way.

Personally, if I were going to Galveston on Memorial Day weekend, I'd head to the West end and just stay there. I'd avoid the seawall and 61st Street entirely.
                            Yep

Comment

Originally posted by BUCKSTAR View Post
                              Segway RAT PACK TOUR
                              Private group with no kids. I have done it twice and will do it again.

It will blow you away.

Comment

Working...
                              X