No announcement yet.

Select Baseball 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a big difference at all - talked about it, but barely notice at all when you’re in the middle of it.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
      So this was posted on Facebook, this is a 10u game from our bracket last night...[emoji28][emoji28]

#1of22

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
      All I see is two kids with their shirts untucked. Drives me crazy to see that on the field. My kids learn EARLY that the uniform is tucked in.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
        All I see is two kids with their shirts untucked. Drives me crazy to see that on the field. My kids learn EARLY that the uniform is tucked in.
        Whle I completely agree - You would have to safety pin my Son's jersey to his pants or something to keep that thing in. We even bought him a size too big in shirt this year to try and keep it in, and it still comes out every time he runs.

It's pretty amazing at this point.

Comment

Well my kid is struggling this year. He pitched two perfect innings this weekend. 21 pitches 5 Ks- no hits no walks. 3rd inning spikes opening curve and falls apart and walks 2 on 11 pitches. Kills me as I know it upsets him- if I could just fix a 15 year old head he may be something to watch. It’s nuts looking out there and seeing someone on the bump that is pushing 6’8”

Comment

As far as keeping shirts tucked in they have a solution to that. They sell them at uniform shops for cops/firemen. My kid has worn them for years. We also ordered his uniform shirts +6 inches in length

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
              Whle I completely agree - You would have to safety pin my Son's jersey to his pants or something to keep that thing in. We even bought him a size too big in shirt this year to try and keep it in, and it still comes out every time he runs.

It's pretty amazing at this point.
              Ha Ha

I have the same three kids that show up EVERY GAME shirt untucked and hat on backwards. I tell them they aren't coming in my dugout until the shirt is tucked in and hat is on straight.

Comment

Shirts are in or your on the bench.. team rule... even heard some tourney umps tell the kids to tuck the shirts in.
                If my sons is untucked i know hes got spiders or bees in it and hes tryin to get out of it... he's a meticulous dresser at 8..lol

Comment

Haha - He tucks in between most of the first few innings. He never untucks it.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                    Boys pulled it off... first baseman got a hairline fracture in game yesterday on glove hand from a 5000mph bullet...so some player switching had my boy going to catcher... (hadnt suited up in that gear in almost a year) and played 4 fantastic games... caught a foul pop back to the backstop... pounded the ball all day, ran the fastest ive ever seen him to beat out throw to first on 2 outs with two on and scored two on it.. and got his clock cleaned on a full dead slide to home by a catcher who decided then to make the first catch hes made all day..
                    Got up.. and pounded a 2 rbi dbl the next inning.
                    Pretty **** proud if him and his team.
                    Good stuff! That little fellow just looks like a ball player!

Comment

Thanks..he lives for it...which is why we do it. That smile only leaves when hes on the field and focused (sometimes) ..when he steps over those white line back to dugout..its back..

Comment

Anybody ever played out at The Rac in Waller? We are there for a 11 major Super Nit on Saturday and was just wondering about the complex. I know it is a 45 minute drive from where we are staying next to Baseball USA of course.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigWoods View Post
                          Anybody ever played out at The Rac in Waller? We are there for a 11 major Super Nit on Saturday and was just wondering about the complex. I know it is a 45 minute drive from where we are staying next to Baseball USA of course.

i 'believe' its fairly new.. havent been there myself.. but coworkers 14-15U boy has played there and if i remember right ..he said its not bad field wise.. although a lack of shade and facilities otherwise.. I do remember.. "nothing out there..." being said.

it may have been improved upon since that google map pic..
                          Last edited by systemnt; 03-08-2018, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Had our first 8U scrimmage yesterday, wasn't as bad as I feared...got some work yet to do. I'm still not sure mine needs to be playing with 8 year olds, but he did fine last night.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigWoods View Post

My son's team was supposed to play there a few weeks ago, but got rained out. A friend played there and said it was good. Turf infield, grass outfield. Mounds are the portable type.

Bucee's is nearby.

Here is a photo of one of the fields.
                              Attached Files

Comment

we are at baseball usa saturday at 715p and 830p, 50% chance of rain till lunch but our age doesnt even start playing till 1 or 2 so we should be good...i hope

i wish our 10s were playing this weekend down there, all the top teams are in it.

does anyone know anything about the sinton sandcrabs? they were the top team in our age last year, they dont appear to be around this year in 7u. but there is this "new" nitro team....
                                Last edited by jshouse; 03-08-2018, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X