East Texas Poacher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

East Texas Poacher

So I have a friend who's mother owns a couple hundred acres in East Texas and they are nice enough to let me hunt there the last two years. This is my third year on the property and I was out a couple of weeks ago moving my tree stand and putting in a feeder. I had my ladder tree stand in a place that I didn't use last year, I was using a lock on on a different part of the property. When I went and found my ladder stand, there was a sock tied to it (doe **** i'm guessing) and different ratchet straps so it was clear that someone else was using my stand. When I moved it to the other side of the property where I planned on hunting this year, I also found a brand new game camera attached to the tree... Needless to say, I am stunned at the brazen acts of people who know **** good and well they are trespassing and poaching. The owner doesn't live close to the land and it is a two hour drive for me so watching over the land isn't all that easy. I am at a loss and can't imaging what the added pressure on the land will do for my hunting season, but I am just sick to my stomach. I took the camera and gave it to the land owner and am going to return and put in no trespassing signs, but doubt it will do much good. If a person is willing to use and steal what is not theirs, I'm sure a sign won't make a bit of difference. I guess I will just have to accept that people, even supposed good god fearing christian country folk will take your **** if you don't have the ability to shoot them on site. SAD

Call the Game Warden.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

how many times have we seen this......i bet he has permission from someone.

Comment

Better leave a note on that stand and where the camera was. Tell them that the landowner has the camera and you would like to talk to them to resolve the issue. I would hide a cheap camera looking over the stand. My $.02

Comment

Look at pics on game cam. Who ever it is may have a pic of them selves walking in front of it setting it up or walking in to check it. Then give pics to GW. Even set you up a game cam watching there set up to catch them.

Comment

Had something similar happen a couple years ago to a friend. She called the game warden. He took their stand and feeder. Left a note in their camera to call if they wanted their stuff back. Haven't heard anything since. This stuff happens way too often.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Crazy, almost sounds like they think they are on land they have permission to hunt.
              Are there fences on property line? Can you tell where they are coming in?
              Like others have said call GW.

Comment

Buy some of the cheap $20 cameras from Walmart and hide them. If there’s a gate, hide one by it so maybe you can get a license plate #. Good luck.

Comment

Yawn.....

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Miller View Post
                    Look at pics on game cam. Who ever it is may have a pic of them selves walking in front of it setting it up or walking in to check it. Then give pics to GW. Even set you up a game cam watching there set up to catch them.
                    Unfortunately the camera didn't have a card. I assume that they came and got the card and took it to look at the pics. It had brand new batteries and powered on so it was definitely recent.

Comment

Shoulda put a camera on their camera.. And once you had a pic of the perp takes his camera and call the law....

Comment

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
                        how many times have we seen this......i bet he has permission from someone.
                        I know the family that owns the land, they have given no one else permission to hunt here.

Comment

Originally posted by Pkripper View Post
                          Call the Game Warden.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                          Will do, thanks for the reply. .

Comment

Your 3rd year on property and landowner is absentee. The “poacher” and his family have probabally been hunting that tract for 25 years. In all likelyhood they see as in intruder. Not that I agree with that mentality. As previously advised, call the GW, I am sure they are not busy this time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                              Your 3rd year on property and landowner is absentee. The “poacher” and his family have probabally been hunting that tract for 25 years. In all likelyhood they see as in intruder. Not that I agree with that mentality. As previously advised, call the GW, I am sure they are not busy this time of year.
                              Be it right or wrong the statement above could hold allot of truth. Also it could be the landowners long lost 4th cousin hunting it. Just saying move forward with addressing the problem but but don’t expect it to be taken care of overnight or with one call to the GW. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X