How close is too close from stand to stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How close is too close from stand to stand

Is there a general rule?500yards or maybe 1,000? One of my feeders is 600 yards from someone else and they think it’s a little close. I won’t argue i said i would move aver October and I’m curious what’s a reasonable distance. He’s a gun hunter and i am not. We also do not have the same deer on camera

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most I've been on have been 400- 500 min some 300 if in woods.
    Also depends who was there first and did new guy cut off deer travel route.
    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BigThicketBoy; 09-20-2018, 01:14 PM.

Comment

It depends on how thick the place is imo. 500 yards away is common in East Texas. But up in North Texas, I would corn my lanes out to 500 yards because I could see that far. I think it just depends

Comment

I agree with above...a lot depends on location and land cover or lack there of.

Comment

I would think 600 would be good, sounds like you all worked it out though

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
            I would think 600 would be good, sounds like you all worked it out though

Yeah it’s not worth getting bent out of shape for. There’s room to move it after October. Was wanting more for personal reasons i guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The further the better.

Comment

Is there a rule in place? If not, then I wouldn't be moving. Our place has a rule of 300 yards but then again we are bow only.

Comment

Some of my stands are 50 yards apart - but only 1 person in the area. This allows flexibility for the weather.

Comment

600 is plenty imo

Comment

If you're only bow hunting, 400-300 yards should be fine. I think a way to gauge this is when putting up a new blind, do you see that you're pulling your deer herd apart versus bringing new deer in.

Comment

On my lease out in West Texas we have a rule of 1000 yards between stands. On my family land out in Centerville, we have (3) stands on 80 acres, about 200 yards from each other.

On the family land, it doesn't bother me at all being that close, but my lease, I want as much room as possible... at least 800+.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                          600 is plenty imo
                          This.

Comment

With rifle, I like to be more than 300 yds away. With bow, here in MO, my hunting buddy and I routinely set up 80-100yds apart. This way if anything tries to slip between us, someone may still get a shot. Plus it is fun to witness a the hunt.

Right now, we are set up across the field from one another, about 100yds apart. I can't wait for the wind to be right and us both be up on the trees.

Comment

At my old lease In Brady my brother and I had our blinds 350-400 yards apart and 90% of our deer didn’t travel in between. I think it just depends

Comment

Working...
                              X