No announcement yet.

Hand corning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have drums at each stand with ziplock bags full and ready to go. Got tired of the last minute rush to get my bag ready and also the hassle of transporting bags of corn from camp to stand every day.

Comment

Originally posted by thebowhunters View Post
      I have drums at each stand with ziplock bags full and ready to go. Got tired of the last minute rush to get my bag ready and also the hassle of transporting bags of corn from camp to stand every day.
      That's a great idea!

To the OP, I only Hand corn if I'm bow hunting usually. I'll put a big pile between me and the feeder in hopes of getting a perfect broadside easy shot, but it seldom works out that way. When I'm hunting with a rifle I corn the roads with a feeder. Gets the deer good and used to my fourwheeler so I don't have to stop a ways away and walk in.

Comment

I use to keep a plastic bucket full at the stand and use a stadium cup. If not at feeder I use the feeder on my cart to broadcast it.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Deer like corn?

Comment

Originally posted by Shiloh View Post
            Deer like corn?

...Only when the acorns are gone
            And you're out of pea gravel

Comment

Why is everyone hunting hand corn?

Cant you just go buy it at Buccees? Or is there already a shortage on corn again?

Comment

Some deer have an aversion to day time activity at a regular feeder. Using hand corn at a spot on a trail away from a feeder can be productive.

Comment

For the past 8 seasons all I do is hand corn...no feeder anywhere near my stands and I have killed the best 2 bucks of my life. I never go with out shot opportunities...even on opening day when there has not been corn for 9 months.

Comment

all the time

Comment

Went to hand corn today. These guys were already there looking for a hand out. All I had with me was my Hawk. I had to through stones at them to get them to move, ( only went about 20 yds at a time) I'll be back next week with something other than my Hawk!!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                        Went to hand corn today. These guys were already there looking for a hand out. All I had with me was my Hawk. I had to through stones at them to get them to move, ( only went about 20 yds at a time) I'll be back next week with something other than my Hawk!!
                        Very nice man !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          Some deer have an aversion to day time activity at a regular feeder. Using hand corn at a spot on a trail away from a feeder can be productive.

Cant wait DRT !!! Next weekend for me .

Comment

Originally posted by sweetinlow660 View Post
                            Why is everyone hunting hand corn?

Cant you just go buy it at Buccees? Or is there already a shortage on corn again?
                            I buy my hand corn at Buc-ees.

Keep my 5 gallon bucket with lid topped off throughout the season. A couple scoops in a bag before I head out to the stand. I would say 90% of the critters I have killed with a bow have been eating corn that was thrown on the ground.

Comment

I've been hand corning a bag a week for the last 3 weeks in two separate locations on the lease. Set up my treestand this weekend. I've got hogs, deer (a couple of good targets) and of course, plenty of cows. I'll be missing opening week, had to reschedule a cruise due to Harvey. Don't think the animals will be going anywhere, so I'll get after them when we get back. Good luck everyone!

Comment

Hand corn works great. The problem I have had is I will hand corn my shooting lane right before getting in my blind or stand and I have had deer come to the corn but I guess they smell I was there and they back off and leave. And I wear rubber boots. How do you avoid the deer smelling you after you hand corn?

Comment

Working...
                                X