New camper POS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New camper POS

Currently i am living in a 1.5 year old camper we are renting from a friend. I have said in the past that these new campers are junk and now i have proof. This thing has never been on the road. Sitting here in a storm and water is leaking in 2 different places.
    If you want a camper but an old school one with a metal roof

Pretty messed up, but I've heard\read where several people buy brand new campers and the roofs leak.

How on Earth are they able to sell these things from the factory and you have to pay extra to get the dealer to seal the roof?

Comment

Im glad i dont own this thing

Comment

I think most people that own the new ones, just self level caulk and eternabond tape the crap out of the roof.

Comment

Like anything, it requires maintenance. I scrub my trailers roof every year. While doing so, I inspect all areas that penetrate the roof. Any cracks get a coating of selfleveling roof sealer.
          Sorry your getting wet. Beats a tent!

Comment

All you have to do to find out why travel trailers leak is tear into one. Yes they leak. Then they rot.

Comment

Keeping them out of the sun as much as possible is key. The roofs have to be taken care of.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                Keeping them out of the sun as much as possible is key. The roofs have to be taken care of.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                This^^^^

Required maintenance is an yearly inspection and reseal, this costs $75 at the dealership where purchased. What model and brand trailer are you having trouble with?

Comment

I owned 2, one leaked and rotted, I sold the other before it did. There's a saying, it's not a matter of if they'll leak, just when. I had a custom built "car hauler" type camper built and am completely happy with the way it was built, just don't buy from Millenium Trailers in Indiana. They're arrogant jerks and don't stand behind customer satisfaction.

Comment

Cost me a lot of money to keep mine from leaking!

Centerville, TX
                    L3400 on 21 acres

Comment

Working...
                    X