Wilson county rut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
    I like to judge the rut in Wilson county by travelling FM 775 from 181 to LV. More than 5 dead deer on the road is a sure sign the rut is happening, lol!
    Yea that's surely saying something havent seen that yet just went to town yesterday and no dead ones yet

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hunt life View Post
      Yea that's surely saying something havent seen that yet just went to town yesterday and no dead ones yet

We got some images of bucks with their ears laid flat and hair bristled though.. It should be soon for sure!

Comment

We got some images of bucks with their ears laid flat and hair bristled though.. It should be soon for sure!
        The rut is surely in seen this buck today attempt to mount the doe he was following.

Comment

I am hoping to get out to our lease on Monday and Tuesday.. going to be sitting in a tree for the day, lol.

Comment

I am hoping to get out to our lease on Monday and Tuesday.. going to be sitting in a tree for the day, lol.
            Good luck is it in Wilson county?

Comment

Yea. we have one place we go to near Dewes and one place outside of Floresville. Sometimes we hunt my grandparents place in La Vernia.

Comment

[emoji2321]hunted every eve this week- does running around like idiots but bucks just sniffing around as of yest. Tons of acorns - VERY little interest in corn- some walked right over it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am in Karnes county just south of Falls city and they aren’t rutting yet. Should be any day now based on previous years.

Comment

I like to judge the rut in Wilson county by travelling FM 775 from 181 to LV. More than 5 dead deer on the road is a sure sign the rut is happening, lol!
                    That is where I live. We get a lot of deer killed out here, maybe 6 fawns this year besides the bucks and does.
                    My big boys disappeared so I managed to pop a spike at the feeder the other day in the wind with mama's crossbow at 40 yards, the arrow drifted about 4" but still manged a quick kill. First time with a crossbow, kinda fun.

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
                      That is where I live. We get a lot of deer killed out here, maybe 6 fawns this year besides the bucks and does.

My big boys disappeared so I managed to pop a spike at the feeder the other day in the wind with mama's crossbow at 40 yards, the arrow drifted about 4" but still manged a quick kill. First time with a crossbow, kinda fun.
                      Nice! Congrats. We have had action on and off, today we had crazy action as the light drizzling and cold temps this morning we watched a big buck gaurd a doe as 3 small bucks tried to get at her. We never could get a clean shot we crawled around for about 1.5hr trying to get set up on them and no shot. We just got in now from the tree and seen one small 4 point chase 3 Doe around and that was it. Guess we will see tomorrow afternoon, back to work in the morning good luck to all

Comment

Originally posted by whopper1800 View Post
                        [emoji2321]hunted every eve this week- does running around like idiots but bucks just sniffing around as of yest. Tons of acorns - VERY little interest in corn- some walked right over it

Where are you located in Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by Hunt life View Post
                          Where are you located in Wilson

Between Poth & Stockdale-

Comment

Think my does are either ugly or lesbians!

Comment

Good luck guys. I believe the bigger bucks are locked down with the does right now, not moving but a few yards at a time.

Comment

Yep the second rut is going on now. The first one was about the 10th of October.

Comment

Working...
                                X