Strange Yote kill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Yote kill

Was hunting with my wife trying to get her first kill so I had the .243 with me. Deer were not showing up and it was getting close for us to get out. Wife is playing Candy crush as I am watching the horizon. Bam, first yote walks out followed by 3 others. I tell the wife to put the phone down and grab the gun to which she says no, they look like dogs I won't do it... lol I say oh give me the d@mn thing.

I pick the largest one and squeeze. The yote is quartering pretty strong towards me. Shot goes in front shoulder and exits the guts. This is where the story gets weird. I reload in hopes to pop another one, I scan my scope to the others but they are in a full run. I bring my scope back down to the one I popped. This yote is freakin gutting himself. I was like *** watching threw the scope. Not to be gross here but he is pulling guts out of the exit hole. Kind of grossed out at this point and just feel bad for the thing. I put another round in him and he dies almost instantly with a mouth full of his guts. WEIRD.

Anyone ever seen this? I am guessing he just went into shock and didn't know what he was doing?
    Attached Files

That is very interesting but does not suprise me.

Comment

Yup, all he knows it hurts like hell and let me get it off of me!

KAC!

Comment

Yep, nice yote. I have a hard time shooting them.

Comment

Glad you got him. We have a hard time getting on them on our place. They can sure make the hair on the back of your neck stand up though when you are sitting in a blind and the sound off.

Comment

Prob wasn't the best thing for the wife to see who is new to hunting... lol

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
              Prob wasn't the best thing for the wife to see who is new to hunting... lol
              I'd love to get one with my bow....

Comment

Zombie yote, all there is to it. Good job!!!

Never heard of that, not sure I'd want to see it either.

Comment

yea ive seen it before, my guess is they think that is what's causing them all that pain so they bite the snot out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. JS View Post
                    I'd love to get one with my bow....
                    Yeah I would like to get one with a bow as well. A challenge for sure!

Comment

I'm guessing his guts were burning like hell and he was trying to get whatever was causing him pain out.

Comment

Originally posted by Snipehunter View Post
                        Yep, nice yote. I have a hard time shooting them.
                        I hear you. I don't like shooting predators because shoot, isn't that what we are? But when it comes to Yotes, I have to pop them. Living out in the country and having them kill your livestock, just can't give them a pass.

Comment

Shot one 2 weeks ago and it blew up the front shoulder. He was doing the crappie flop trying to pull his leg off that was broke. He died with his foot in his mouth

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
                            Shot one 2 weeks ago and it blew up the front shoulder. He was doing the crappie flop trying to pull his leg off that was broke. He died with his foot in his mouth
                            Crazy!

Comment

If they get trapped in a snare, they will usually try to chew their leg off. Seen quite a few do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X