No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys 2016 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They need to cut room. Jerry will never get anything for him now. Always hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Elite32 View Post
      They need to cut room. Jerry will never get anything for him now. Always hurt

Cut Romo? Have you seen the cap hit they would take if they did it? Better to keep him on board even if he back ups Dak this year. And if Romo is healthy, I am betting Romo gets his job back.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
        Best on the field or on the field for the Cowboys? He was the torchee on one of Cousins big misses to Jackson.
        For the Cowboys. It was popular opinion after the game. Scandrick and Carr did not play well.

Comment

Originally posted by niceg3s View Post
          For the Cowboys. It was popular opinion after the game. Scandrick and Carr did not play well.

Yup Mo was a bright spot.....Carr was horrible..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Cut Romo? Have you seen the cap hit they would take if they did it? Better to keep him on board even if he back ups Dak this year. And if Romo is healthy, I am betting Romo gets his job back.
            People just hate Romo. I admit he is in decline, but he took a beating for years and stuck in there. I'd like to see him stay on as an OC after he retires.

Comment

The only way your going to see Tony retire in the next two seasons is a career ending injury or if his skills diminish greatly, I am just happy we look to have a life after Tony, usually you have to sell the farm to get a good starting quarterback, looks like the Cowboys stole one late in the fourth round.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                The offense lost their best asset two years ago..........their offense coach. The line hasn't been quite the same since.

Callahan?????

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                The only way your going to see Tony retire in the next two seasons is a career ending injury or if his skills diminish greatly, I am just happy we look to have a life after Tony, usually you have to sell the farm to get a good starting quarterback, looks like the Cowboys stole one late in the fourth round.

Yes I'm super excited about Dak! He has to continue to get better but we have the future covered I believe!

Soooo! Let's get ready for the big Ole QB controversy in Dallas when Romo returns!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

And I hate to be one of those guys but dang why are we using Morris more In The running game??? I'm not sold at all on Zek yet and he better learn how to hang on to the dang ball!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
                    And I hate to be one of those guys but dang why are we using Morris more In The running game??? I'm not sold at all on Zek yet and he better learn how to hang on to the dang ball!!!!

I think it's too soon to say Zeke is a bust or maybe an average player, but he certainly has not lived up to the hype. Some players take more time to develop, but certainly Morris should get more carries than he did Sunday. The lack of yards is one thing, but you start fumbling the ball, you need to ride the pine.

Comment

Agree

Comment

Originally posted by niceg3s View Post
                        I think it's too soon to say Zeke is a bust or maybe an average player, but he certainly has not lived up to the hype. Some players take more time to develop, but certainly Morris should get more carries than he did Sunday. The lack of yards is one thing, but you start fumbling the ball, you need to ride the pine.

Hard to live up to the hype as a rookie immediately....especially somebody who missed so much of early training camp......

He was a god in the preseason game versus Seattle (per this board) and everybody loved him. He had a below average game against the Giants and all the "concern trolls" show up. He had an 83 yard game versus the Redskins where we threw more than we ran (minus the two fumbles losing only one) and now he hasn't lived up to some hype. I have no issue with his running.... That will come as he develops. The Oline run blocking hasn't been spectacular either. The fumbles were disconcerting and hopefully they fix that. But talking about busts or not living up to the hype after two games is way premature.

Comment

You think Jerrah is gonna stand still for his sparkly 4th overall pick playing back up?

I thought Zeke was starting to find his groove when he fumbled the 1st one. I'm sure he'll be fine.

Comment

Callahan?????

Yes I'm super excited about Dak! He has to continue to get better but we have the future covered I believe!

Soooo! Let's get ready for the big Ole QB controversy in Dallas when Romo returns!!!!

Here are my dos centavos:

Unless the defense improves, the Cowboys have no chance of doing any damage in the playoffs. Will the 3 suspended knuckle heads make that much of a difference?? I am not convinced of that. I believe that if the offense can start dominating the clock by running the ball the defense could certainly be better once the 3 return. Could Romo contribute to making the offense better? At this point I personally believe a healthy Romo would certainly help score more points but would that be enough to help the team compete for a super bowl?? I personally doubt it. So do you want to sit Dak and delay his learning/development while you play to win a few more games this year. I am going to say it all depends on how good the defense can be once all of the players get back on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Hard to live up to the hype as a rookie immediately....especially somebody who missed so much of early training camp......

He was a god in the preseason game versus Seattle (per this board) and everybody loved him. He had a below average game against the Giants and all the "concern trolls" show up. He had an 83 yard game versus the Redskins where we threw more than we ran (minus the two fumbles losing only one) and now he hasn't lived up to some hype. I have no issue with his running.... That will come as he develops. The Oline run blocking hasn't been spectacular either. The fumbles were disconcerting and hopefully they fix that. But talking about busts or not living up to the hype after two games is way premature.
                              No kidding, sheesh. He is a rookie who has played what, two regular and one preseason game? Tap the breaks on "he's a bust" talk, geeze.

Comment

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

For comparison here is Emmitt Smiths stats. He did not break 1000 yards and only averaged 60 yards a game in his rookie year. Zeke will be fine, it's only been 2 games and he has had very little work coming into the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X