Help with a door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with a door

I have a double french door set on my garage. The right side door is hanging just fine, but the left side is cockeyed by a lot. You can see it when it is closed and mostly closed. I have to pick up the door by the handle to close it easily.

I was thinking I could add a shim to the bottom hinge to fix this. What do you all think?

Shim the bottom hinge should fix it. Make sure the top hinge screws are in tight as well and that there is nothing behind the hinge plate causing it to be bumped out a little.

Comment

I have to water one side during the dry months to keep it level with the other side. Just replaced the glass in both due to a weed eater rock issue....

Comment

May try to remove one of the short hinge screws from the top hinge and replace it with a 3 1/2 or 4" screw. The longer screw will grab some support and usually fix a sagging door. Worth a try.

Comment

Is the gap around the door the same? Dragging on bottom? The hole for the bolt may be off a little.

Comment

Try the one long screw per hinge. If you put a level on the door frame the bottom is running out or top running in. You cant do much about the top but you can shim the bottom hinge out to match the top.

Comment

Working...
            X