Shop bathroom recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shop bathroom recommendations

I’m putting in a shop bathroom, it is 200-300’ away from our septic and is much lower in elevation. There will be a shower, toilet, sink and possibly a washer. Is there a small system I can diy or do I have to go through the county again to get a system installed. Also what’s the best way to cool a 5x10 room, window unit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can put a lift station in and run it to the septic . And yes a window unit is probably best bet are one of those motel type units !

Comment

I would let all the gray water go on the ground.

There has been post on here about using 55 gallon barrels for a small septic.

Small plug in AC

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
        I would let all the gray water go on the ground.

There has been post on here about using 55 gallon barrels for a small septic.

Small plug in AC
        Back when I was on a lease down south, we had a home-built septic which used a barrel----don't see why it won't work for you. I would recommend plastic barrels so they won't rust out.

Comment

Google graveless field line. I have a "friend" that used a grease trap for a tank and 40 feet of the graveless field line. 15 years, no issues, and this is in gumbo soil.

Comment

Another good question is what kind of soil do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
              Another good question is what kind of soil do you have?

Sand/sandy loam

Comment

I think I would do a lift for the septic and let the grey water run out on to the ground, window or mini split for the 5 x 10.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                  I think I would do a lift for the septic and let the grey water run out on to the ground, window or mini split for the 5 x 10.

So I forgot to mention plumbing to outside of the slab and the slab is done. All plumbing is tied together. Can a lift pump pump it 300’+? And up hill 10’-+ in elevation?

Comment

Don’t let the county find out, it cost me an additional $3k to get it done to code for just a sink and toilet.

Comment

I know in Montgomery county you don't want to get caught adding a lift or anything else without approval and an engineering design done. Will the lift work? Yes it will the problem is was the system designed for the extra shower and toilet?

Comment

How much you going to poop in the shop? Grey water on the ground. 55 gallon drum

Comment

I’d just do a sink and urinal if you’re where the neighbors can see you taking a leak outside. Not a huge deal to walk 200’ for a deuce.

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                            I know in Montgomery county you don't want to get caught adding a lift or anything else without approval and an engineering design done. Will the lift work? Yes it will the problem is was the system designed for the extra shower and toilet?

The current septic is a 1500 gallon aerobic it can handle a lot but it’s a long way off, I’ve looked at the 300 gal poly unit at homedepot seems like that would be the easier way to go

Comment

Working...
                            X