Toyota Tundra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toyota Tundra

What kind of deal can you get on a Platinum? I'm seeing them stickered at $54,*** with a $2500 rebate. and 0% for 60 months. Anyone got a real good deal on one lately?

Not much. They don’t like to deal from my experience

Comment

Expect to pay $48k for platinum or 1794.

Comment

Originally posted by CWKATTNER View Post
        Expect to pay $48k for platinum or 1794.
        Thanks, you have a dealership you recommend?

Comment

I got an SR5 4x4 at that 0% rate. Believe I paid 42 for it. Love the truck, hate the cruise control sensor.

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
            Best deal I found ended up being in Midland which I thought was weird

Comment

Toyota doesn’t generally cut near the deals that other brands do

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                Best deal I found ended up being in Midland which I thought was weird
                We got odessa to beat midland by a couple thousand on a 1794 in 2015. Weve tried to buy two different vehicles from midland. The last one was a 4 runner last year. I asked what kind of deal he would make, he turned around read the window sticker and said thats all he was willing to do lol.
                Im like you, I couldnt believe midland or odessa were in the running for prices on the 1794. I figured they would be the highest.
                Odessa didnt have the 4 runner she wanted but we found it in granbury.
                Last edited by doublearrow; 07-15-2018, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
                  I’ve bought last three from Barry Templin at Toyota of Fort Worth.

Comment

Heard on Jerry Reynold's show yesterday that Toyota pickups hold their value/have the highest resale values on the market.

FWIW, if you are a member use USAA's buyers services. If the dealer is worth his salt he can walk you through it.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                      Not much. They don’t like to deal from my experience

Kinda heard the same thing, then I went to buy in December and got a deal IMO. My truck stickered at a little over $50K and I got it for $42K, 2018 Tundra TSS SR5 4X4 with navigation. This thread is worthless without pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Why not get an SUV if you have the Tundra Crew Cab? Put a tool box in the back and the entire bed is gone. lol I did test drive a double cab last week...loved it but double cab just a hair too small with company riding along.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Toyota does not deal as much as the big 3 American makers but all dealerships have to make their quotas.

At the end of each month there's usually a dealership or two that needs to move a few units to make their numbers. The trick is to find that dealer.

For what its worth, NADA.com still shows MSRP and Invoice costs on new vehicles. I just looked...a 2018 Crew Max Platinum 4x4 without options showed up as $46,895 MSRP and dealer invoice cost of $43,484. So the dealer has $3,400 of margin.

It has been my experience that a dealer will go as low as $500 over invoice if they need to make their monthly quota. So $44,000 in this example.

We've had good luck sending a shotgun email to all dealers of a particular brand that are within an acceptable distance...50 mile radius or so.

This single email listed the vehicle we intended to buy very soon and the general must-have options. It also allowed all the dealerships to see their competition. Car salesmen are highly competitive.

A little internet legwork can produce some good savings.

Comment

Yep!

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                            Toyota doesn’t generally cut near the deals that other brands do
                            Besides new...try to find one at a conventional US made price! When I switched from Ford back to the Tundra, never even considered new.

Finally found a 1794 Edition, used...cost more than I planned on but LOVE it and hopefully it will last a LONG time! MPG still sucks but the power and look is there baby!!

Comment

Working...
                            X