Escape from Texas summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saltyag15 View Post
    I'm leaving for Colorado later this afternoon. Heading to the Delta area, which is kinda SW Colorado. Highs have been in the 90s there, and lows in the 60s. Not a whole lot of escape in that part of the state!
    The difference is you can drive an hour and beat the heat. We are stuck here in the heat. Takes me 9 hours to get to the mountains of Southern NM to get out of it. Ill be headed up that way in a week and a half also.

Comment

Colorado is nice, I’m here now with the family in Loveland which is just outside of Denver, 35 miles from Estes park.

We went into rocky mntn park Sunday and it snowed on us hard at 12,000ft
      However it was 110 yesterday here in Loveland.
      Daughter is playing softball, even though it’s a dry heat it’s still hot none the less. Gotta find some elevation even in Colorado to get out of the heat.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
        Maine Central coast, hands down!
        I've heard good things. always wanted to check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
          Anywhere with elevation. North doesn’t necessarily mean cooler summers. Must get into elevation.
          Agreed. I am from PA and the summers there can be miserable. Only about 2000ft elevation though where I lived in the Laurel Mountains.

Comment

Awesome! Let me be the first to volunteer to help you pack.

Comment

Been to New England a lot. Love the whole area. If some goes, take the Hwy 1 lobster tour and make sure you stop in Wiscasset for lobster rolls at "REDS!" Talk about things to do out doors, they have it all in N.E.

Comment

I appreciate the thoughtful suggestions and the potshots from Team Breitbart.

I will definitely look into some of the places suggested. Hoping to make this happen by summer 2019.

Comment

Mountains of West Virginia are nice in the Summer. Most of us fit right in with the hillbillies up there.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                    Maine Central coast, hands down!
                    Vancouver Island BC. Way better.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

The mentions of the North East should be investigated, and then the people who made those suggestions should be banned ...

Colorado would be the easiest decision to make in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                        The mentions of the North East should be investigated, and then the people who made those suggestions should be banned ...

The OP would blend in well in those environs. Hopefully he isn't voting before he makes the transition out of our great state.

Comment

I love Texas! Especially in the summer! And the winter!

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post

Hey now....

Comment

Colorado has gotten a little too liberal for me. My dad bought a new place in Montana and it’s where I’d love to live through the summer.

Comment

Red River or Eagle Lake New Mexico

Comment

Working...
                                X