gunbroker issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gunbroker issue

have a question. I sold an item on gunbroker (non FFL). He bid on my item 5 times until my reserve was met. I then sent a message to the purchaser through the gunbroker system. no reply. So I waited 24 hours and sent an email. Gunbroker gives you email address, phone number and address of the purchaser. Waited another 24 hours, no response. So last night, I called the phone number and left a message. Got a call back in about 10 minutes. Guy said he couldn't afford to pay for all of it but wanted me to settle for less. I said no. Said if money is an issue, you can pay half and pay out the rest when you can. I'll hold onto the item until all is paid.

He said OK and we hung up. He indicated he would pay last night via paypal but still no money sent. I feel as if i need to wait the allotted time and then file a claim with gunbroker. I don't want this guy doing this to anyone else.

Has anyone had a problem? Part of me just says relist but I think you have to go through gunbrokers protocol to relist and get your listing fee returned. Which means I have to wait 4 full days before I can request. Any insights?

I've found the guy on facebook. his address matches and he picks up the phone. So don't know what to do. It's really my first gunbroker sale.

Relist and move on. Guys a deadbeat.

Comment

I think that this is probably not the first time he has done this. I would contact gunbroker.

Comment

Why not sell it here?

Comment

yep not much you can do.

file a claim through gunbroker and relist.

Comment

Originally posted by cookemerkel View Post
            Why not sell it here?
            I could. Just wanted to put it out there to as many people as I could and have a high reserve. Problem with local selling is people want to trade or get the price down, I'd rather get the most I can and be done with it without all the fluff.

alright, I'll relist after the time period and file a complaint.

Comment

I'll give you $499.99 what is it?

Comment

File thru gunbroker and there should be a way to give him a bad review as a buyer. Although he would probably just open a new account but at least you tried to warn others on there with the bad review.

Comment

If it was a bid I would exspect payment within 24 hours or post it back for sale.

Comment

thanks everyone. I sent a final message that if payment wasn't made by today, day 4, I would file a claim and will relist. Why me. Try to do things right and as s hats screw things up. Such is life.

Comment

Originally posted by 1shot View Post
                      I think that this is probably not the first time he has done this. I would contact gunbroker.

This! Definitely let GB know.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurdawg View Post
                        I'll give you $499.99 what is it?
                        I sent you a PM brofessor

Comment

Go through GB protocol. That way the guy is handled through them & you don't lose your fees. If I were you, I'd try and sell it here as others have said. Set your best price and you can always go lower if needed.

Comment

I've used Gunbroker a fair amount for both buying and selling, and I typically have a good experience. Most folks on there are decent, you just found a bad apple. I would relist with confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Delirious View Post
                              I could. Just wanted to put it out there to as many people as I could and have a high reserve. Problem with local selling is people want to trade or get the price down, I'd rather get the most I can and be done with it without all the fluff.

alright, I'll relist after the time period and file a complaint.
                              Considering your original post, that's kinda funny!

Comment

Working...
                              X