No announcement yet.

Silvertip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is one out there with my name on I wish I had not sold.

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
      I have wanted an original Silvertip for a long time. Gene Wensel offered to sell me one about 10 years ago for $500 but I didn't have the cash at the time.

I read an article in Outdoor Life about Paul back in the day and it's one thing that got me totally hooked on wanting to hunt with a recurve. I still have that magazine and I also have it scanned in and saved to .pdf somewhere. I need to look and see if I can find it.
      Good pic
      Attached Files

Comment

Hey Stykshooter, I actually own that Silvertip with the whitetail scrimshaw in the riser. Tried to shoot you a pm, but I don't have enough posts yet. Drop me a line if you get a chance, please.

Comment

Welcome to the group Macs69. Post up some pics when you get things figured out. I have six Tips as of today ranging in weight from 47 to 50 pounds and lengths from 60" to 64". I have one with a moose skull scrimshaw on the off side of the riser. Folks keep trying to talk me out of that one.

Comment

Macs69 ..... I owned those a few years back both were 19" riser had some mass which I like, both 65@ 28 one 60" other was 62" but can't remember who I sold risers too

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
              Welcome to the group Macs69. Post up some pics when you get things figured out. I have six Tips as of today ranging in weight from 47 to 50 pounds and lengths from 60" to 64". I have one with a moose skull scrimshaw on the off side of the riser. Folks keep trying to talk me out of that one.
              Thank you for the welcome! Did you get the moose inlay bow from Keith Zimmerman, by chance? Or did you order new from Dave?

Comment

Originally posted by stykshooter View Post
                Macs69 ..... I owned those a few years back both were 19" riser had some mass which I like, both 65@ 28 one 60" other was 62" but can't remember who I sold risers too
                I agree with you 1000% on the 19" riser. I always bought 60" 'Tips because the 17" riser just looks very sleek and proportionate. I ended up buying a 62" (with 19" riser), and fell in love with the way that it shoots. Now have 4- 62" with the long riser, along with 2-60" with the 17", and a 62" with 17" riser.

Comment

I got the whitetail inlay bow from Robert Schultze. I would bet that's who you probably sold it to. I have 3 sets of limbs for that bow- a set of Paul Schafer commemorative limbs with antler tips 54# at 28", another set 60 # at 28" with sheep horn tips (both of these were fitted to the riser by Dave), and a set of 50# at 28" M'Bogo limbs that fit it pretty tolerably. If I would stop buying bows, that bow with the aforementioned limbs would last me the rest of my life.

Comment

As soon as I figure out how to post pictures on here, I'll add some.

Comment

Originally posted by Macs69 View Post
                      Thank you for the welcome! Did you get the moose inlay bow from Keith Zimmerman, by chance? Or did you order new from Dave?
                      I bought the riser from Ray.

Comment

Does Dave still make limbs for the Bear riser?

Comment

There is nothing mentioning Bear limbs on his price sheet. He stays about a year behind just filling the orders coming in for Tips.

Comment

Originally posted by Macs69 View Post
                            I got the whitetail inlay bow from Robert Schultze. I would bet that's who you probably sold it to. I have 3 sets of limbs for that bow- a set of Paul Schafer commemorative limbs with antler tips 54# at 28", another set 60 # at 28" with sheep horn tips (both of these were fitted to the riser by Dave), and a set of 50# at 28" M'Bogo limbs that fit it pretty tolerably. If I would stop buying bows, that bow with the aforementioned limbs would last me the rest of my life.
                            Yeah that's right sold Robert both risers sold the limbs to a guy in Beaumont

Comment

Yeah that's right sold Robert both risers sold the limbs to a guy in Beaumont
                              Robert's a good guy. I've bought a couple Schafers from him, and they've always exceeded expectation.

Comment

Working...
                              X