Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generator for rv

How big do I need to run ac

It depends if you want to run anything with it. I have a 5800, but the breaker pops if I have the AC and microwave on at the same time.

Comment

AC and fridge

Comment

Here is a good article. You need to add the AC and fridge at peak load.

http://www.everything-about-rving.co...for-my-rv.html

Comment

Minimum 3000 watt, assuming you have a 13,500 btu A/C unit. Some A/C units will run off a 2000 watt, but not all. Fridge doesn't take much.
          Microwaves can require almost as much wattage as an A/C unit on startup.

Comment

4kw MINIMUM would be my recommendation. we have a 28' bumper pull with a 13,500 btu. our 3500 watt really struggled with starting it. if we turned EVERYTHING off, it would start it 8 out of 10 times without tripping the breaker. and once running, the generator was fine.

Upgraded to a 5kw and it had zero issues. Our 5 KW finally died this summer so I just bought a package deal with 2 2000 watt yamaha inverter generators and the sidewinder cable to link them together. BEST generator purchase ive ever made! Very quiet, and extremely fuel efficient! Our 5kw used about 7 gallons of fuel a night (6 or 7 hrs) in the summer. The new yamahas take 2.2 gallons total to fill up and run 8+ hrs! In the winter, we will only need one of them cutting the fuel usage to 1.1 gallons a night!

Best price I was able to find anywhere by over $400! Local yamaha dealer wanted over $2600 for the same kit!

2000w Yamaha Generator Kit - With 2 EF2000is Generators and 1 Sidewinder Cable. Yamaha Generator Superstore - Great Prices! Order Online Today - EF2000KIT

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
            Last edited by fishingsetx; 11-03-2016, 08:11 AM.

Comment

tuned in

Comment

I bought a 3500 continuous 4375 surge. It handles the a/c fine. I turn the a/c off when I use the microwave. But it runs lights at the skinning rack, shop light outside the camper, all lights inside and tv, while running the a/c and charging phones and listening to the radio. 5yrs sofar and going strong. I did not put a hard start on the a/c, so I run the fan motor on low.

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Check your watts on the fridge and AC and I would imagine that a 3k and up would run them. I have been looking at them lately and decided to go with this model for my 2015 TT. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Durostar-...0EHF/205190776

Comment

I have a 6500. No Probs yet doing anything. But it plows through gas

Comment

get the most you can afford. harbor freight has 7000/8000 for around 529 with a coupon. You have to watch for it.

Comment

Working...
                        X