Impressed with Shwacker BHs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impressed with Shwacker BHs

I treated myself to a new PSE Drive R this season and decided to try some new BHs with it. I liked the design of the Shwackers so I picked up a pack off of amazon. Shooting 66 pounds with about ~400 grains total weight. Chrono'd ~300fps.

I've been lucky to get to hunt quite a bit this October but didn't connect with a buck until this morning. I've seen a lot of bucks just couldn't get one in my range.

The bucks are chasing pretty good up here and I climbed an oak on ridge point that is one of my go-to spots during this phase. Grunted up a nice buck early but never could see him well enough for a shot. Had good action all morning and finally about 10 this guy chased a doe by me. I've been wanting to kill him because his head gear just didn't match his age. 9 point with turned in beams. 190lbs.

I stopped him at 27 yards broad side and let er rip. Made a good shot, he mule kicked and ran about 60 yards, stopped, did the death wobble, then fell over dead! That gets me pumped every time, regardless of size!

Clipped the heart and broke the offside shoulder on the pass through. HUGE blood trail. Head and blades are still in shooting shape. I guess this is a shameless plug for the Shwackers if anyone is BH shopping today!
    Attached Files

Nice shot. I shot a coon this morning with a Shwacker and it ruined the broad head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
      Nice shot. I shot a coon this morning with a Shwacker and it ruined the broad head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Dang it, don't tell me that haha! Did it hit something after the coon?

Comment

I've shot two does this year and they didn't let me down

Comment

Congrats and great shot!

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
            Dang it, don't tell me that haha! Did it hit something after the coon?
            I'm not sure. I bought a pack of Shwacker to try out last year. They worked fine, but I was hunting a really rocky area and they got tore up, but any head would have.

Comment

I haven't damaged a Swhacker broadhead yet. Buy the replacement blades and and just keep them in rotation. I sharpen the used ones with a Work Sharp, holding the blades with needle nose pliers. An extra pack of shrink bands won't hurt either. They come with the replacement blades as well, but it doesn't hurt to have security..lol. The only problem I have ran into is, the allen head screw that holds the blades in is fully threaded. The blades pivot on the exposed threads in the core of the broadhead body. They'll kink the threads in that spot. You'll feel the resistance when removing or installing blades. With that even said, I'm still using the original screws on all of mine though.

Comment

I had great results with them on a doe last year. Huge wound channel, great blood rail, and short trackng job. Headed out in the morning for a week and hope to put them to the test this year.

Comment

I have been sharpening mine on a stone after use. I also noticed that one out of 6 that I bought wasn't very sharp so I went ahead and made a couple passes with all of them on the stone

Comment

Congrats

Comment

I've always been impressed with them.

Comment

good heads!

Comment

I have used them for several years now with no problems. Nice shot.

Comment

Working...
                          X