Walmart semi-auto shotgun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walmart semi-auto shotgun

Glanced in the gun cabinet at WM this morning and they have a 12 gauge semi for $226. I think the brand was Hatfield (or something else that started with H) but I can't find anything on it. Gonna swing back by at lunch when maybe they will have somebody working that dept.

I know it's likely a 'get what you pay for' situation but I'm curious.

They used to sell Charles Daly semi autos real cheap. I bought a 20 gauge something like 15 years ago and it's still ticking today. I guess you never know.

Comment

H&R?

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
        Glanced in the gun cabinet at WM this morning and they have a 12 gauge semi for $226. I think the brand was Hatfield (or something else that started with H) but I can't find anything on it. Gonna swing back by at lunch when maybe they will have somebody working that dept.

I know it's likely a 'get what you pay for' situation but I'm curious.

Remington is offering a $50 mail in rebate if you buy an 870 right now.

Comment

Here it is. Don't think I want to be working warranty issues through Walmart and some overseas factory.

This thing was super light weight. Sign reads walnut but it's definitely a synthetic, walnut colored stock. I still can't find any interweb info on it. UTAS brings up a really cool 15 shot model. Nothing on the turkey import. I think I recall Tri Star or some other name of shotguns coming from there. Perhaps this is the same.
          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by TexaRican; 06-24-2016, 11:09 AM.

Comment

I have a " Calvary " brand over and under made in turkey . I have had no problems with it . Think I'm going to see if our Walmart has them .

Comment

If they had one in 20guage I would surely give it a shot for my wife and girls.

Comment

My dad has a 20 ga. that he bought from a chain hardware store in the midwest years ago called "coast to coast" no name brand on it. He still shoots it 40 years later. You never know...

Comment

Before my dad retired from the USAF he would often go over to Turkey for a couple months and without fail he would buy another Huglu over-under, for I want to say like 250-350, and ship it back. They are very nice guns and I wouldn't let a gun from Turkey slow my down at all.

Comment

Bought my blood trailing shotgun (Mossberg 9??) 12-ga w/short barrel---it works like a champ, and I've killed a number of hogs with it using 3" mag #4 buckshot--41 pellets per load.

Comment

Is it Hatsun? If so, my wife has one and it works great.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_C View Post
                        Is it Hatsun? If so, my wife has one and it works great.

No, other side receiver is stamped Hatfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hoosier View Post
                          My dad has a 20 ga. that he bought from a chain hardware store in the midwest years ago called "coast to coast" no name brand on it. He still shoots it 40 years later. You never know...
                          I remember that chain. Always liked the store, had good stuff.

Comment

Any follow up on the Hatfield Shotgun at Walmart? I have looked at 2 of the 20 gauges at different stores and I do like them for the $226 price point for a backup. I also like the threaded chokes that are available and if I can find a light modified at Briley.

My only issue on the 20 gauge and it is probably just me is the cross hatch on the sight line on the top of the rib. For some reason, when I sight down the rib, the crosshatch pulls my eye away from the end of the barrel to the left. It's like the crosshatch on those two guns does not look to be in line with the barrel.

If I can find one that lines up right I will get one, lol.

Comment

I've been on the hunt for one of these shotguns but the only walmart that i know is always sold out on them because they only carry 1.
                              Anyone else know what Walmart in the dfw area sell guns? I've been to Denton and waxahachie.

Comment

Working...
                              X