Benbrook Lake 2014-2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texas bound View Post
    You never told me that leon. When was this?
    Thought I did. this has a few years back and only showing up at 2 am.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
      I don't believe you can hunt hogs. The website never mentions them and there ain't a lot worth hunting.

BE WARNED: Benbrook Wardens are no freaking joke!!!!!!! Please believe me when I say this. They stop and question hikers, hunters, etc.

The watch the access points from afar to watch people coming in and out. If you have a deer being carried out, you better have it tagged and license back filled out before you so much as think about moving that deer.

Once again, they don't play at Benbrook. Be smart.
      Yep and if you get drawn and hunt out there trust me.... you will meet them usually in the parking lot.

Comment

I hunted ducks out there for a few years in a row, but half the time I had to convince the people working at the Rocky Creek entrance that you were allowed to duck hunt out there. It got to be a lot of hassle because someone always called the park ranger, game warden, and 911 to report "shots fired". I ended up having to show my Corps paperwork, the hunting map, hunting license, duck stamp, gun, and give a blood sample (just kidding) to justify my presence there. Last year I bow hunted during my draw and I'm headed back for draw #4 this year. Hope everyone has a good season out there and thanks for the warning, Blood Trail.

Comment

Someone stole my pop up there several years back. I haven't been back since. Saw a nice bobcat while I was out there.

Comment

That's a drag, CooterBrown. Was thinking of leaving a pop-up setup this year, but not so sure now. I've heard of other folks losing their gear as well.

Comment

I won't be out there for hunt 4. I ended tearing my rotator cuff and had surgery on Monday. Sucks because I had seen some some good areas while scouting. Had a cam up in a few areas and had quite a few deer show up daily.

Comment

Whelp someone blasting a gun screwed with my hunt this mornin oh well maybe this evenin

Comment

Probably just dove hunter, the deer don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by USNCPO View Post
                    I won't be out there for hunt 4. I ended tearing my rotator cuff and had surgery on Monday. Sucks because I had seen some some good areas while scouting. Had a cam up in a few areas and had quite a few deer show up daily.
                    If you don't want your efforts to go to waste, I will be glad to sit on a few of those spots for ya

I'm hunt 4 to, I'm probably gonna scout the weekend before

Comment

I drove around the huntinguareas today, seems like its gonna be hard to scout now. I guess I will be using a hunting day to scout.

Comment

Anyone have any success first hunt? I only saw a few does and didn't take anything.

Comment

Which side did you hunt?

Comment

East side of the lake, south of the creek

Comment

Has anybody hunted on the west side of the lake?

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
                                Has anybody hunted on the west side of the lake?
                                I have. Few deer. Mainly does. Had a cam out there a few years ago and never saw a legal buck. I know a spot on the east that's just trashed with buck rubs and scrapes. That's where I'll be in a few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X