Best Snake Bite Protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
    There was another thread on snake boots. I went to Cabelas tried on everything they had. For me the Cabelas 16 inch boot fit the best had a good sole is not a heavy boot. I think that until "you" put them on hard to say that one is the best. I paid 139 for my boots. I was not looking to save money if the pair that fit the best cost 250 ok.. Way less money then having to go to the ER for a snake bite. Been wearing them every night for about a week and they broke right in with no issue.

I wanted a sole that would grip as well ,

http://www.cabelas.com/product/cabel...Ntt=snake+boot
    Definitely cheaper than an ER visit.

Comment

I have always had that fear of a snake biting me right above the snake boot... I wear guards above my boots when walking through thick cover. I walk like Forrest Gump on leg braces but hey

Comment

Chippewa have always worked for me.

Comment

I like my Chipps

Comment

Best ones you can buy are the ones that are the most comfortable to you. You'll have to try them all yourself to determine that. A nice looking set that hurt your feet won't protect you because you won't wear them.

Comment

Originally posted by mills650 View Post
              Best ones you can buy are the ones that are the most comfortable to you. You'll have to try them all yourself to determine that. A nice looking set that hurt your feet won't protect you because you won't wear them.

I have read that Chipps are the one... HA HA well I tried them on then the Justins.. From the loose fit, to the almost no tread on the sole, and the pinching .. it took less than 30 seconds of walking in the store to make that choice. Danners bunched up, Justins too narrow, Rockys pushed down on the top of my foot ever step.. .... I was getting worried as the last pair where not my first choice.

If its not comfy then its going to be rough walking.

Comment

Huh... Never much thought about snake boots!

I've been going squirrel hunting a while now with just shorts and crocs!!!

Might want check into this! (But I am sneakier than a fat in a wind storm in the woods)...

Comment

Have any of y'all "tested" your so called "snake boots"? Or is just a security blanket?

Comment

Security blanket for me. I got the Justins, great once that they're broken in. Im gonna give the waterproof Chippewas a try next.

Comment

I was walking through the woods beside our housing area on Ft Hood with my daughter a couple of weeks ago and stepped over a cactus where to my surprise I saw the biggest Diamondback I've ever seen. Luckily, he was just laying there and let me see him, I would have never been able to live with myself if he had gotten my daughter.

Comment

Chipps

Comment

Don't know what size you wear, but I have some 10.5 magellans for sale on here if you're interested.http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=555226
                          Last edited by Mac...; 10-24-2015, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
                            There was another thread on snake boots. I went to Cabelas tried on everything they had. For me the Cabelas 16 inch boot fit the best had a good sole is not a heavy boot. I think that until "you" put them on hard to say that one is the best. I paid 139 for my boots. I was not looking to save money if the pair that fit the best cost 250 ok.. Way less money then having to go to the ER for a snake bite. Been wearing them every night for about a week and they broke right in with no issue.

I wanted a sole that would grip as well ,

http://www.cabelas.com/product/cabel...Ntt=snake+boot
                            I have the slip on style of Cabelas and absolutely love them from day one. Lite weight, breathable, and comfortable

Comment

Working...
                            X