Crappie withdrawals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crappie withdrawals

RC gave up a few today, the crappie better be glad it was windy or it’d would have been way worse for them[emoji41]

Last edited by Moose; 06-02-2018, 09:10 PM.

Comment

I'm loving 360. Most of this cooler was caught off new stuff and submerged pole timber I would have never been able to stay on without it. Ready to head back to Fork or Pines and catch big fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My pond management requires I pull ~ 200#'s of fish a year out of the pond including crappie.

In April we pulled ~45#'s.
        In May we pulled ~30#'s.

Unfortunately I am way behind on the number of bass that need to be removed(all 14" or less). Think I am going to work on that next week.

Comment

Met with Slade Dougharty today at Fork to get everything worked out on the graphs and the 360 and the Ultrex! Man that dude works them buttons on the graph about like Zorro works a sword! He had everything dialed in pretty quick and then we went looking to test it all out and with the Skeeter owners going on and 2700 entries that proved to be much tougher. We both went down the lake identifying good spots boats were already on! We finally settled on a pile down by the dam and slung some big slabs over the side with several Skeeter folks watching. We dropped him off before lunch and went back out and mauled em pretty good on a couple spots. The boat traffic has the fish pretty fickle earlier in the day. They would bump your jig but not take it. By 1 it was in the back of their throats!! Good times!!!

Comment

My regular brush piles were pretty slow this morning so I decided to try to search out some new ones and scout around the west side of the lake that I had not ever fished.
            Like Slew I had Slade setup my sonar a couple of weeks ago so it was a combo scouting and learning adventure.

I happened upon a fallen tree in 16’ of water. Maybe 40’long with 8 or 10 big limbs.
            It was covered up with 14 to 15 inch fish.

Between my nephew and myself we put 30 slabs in the boat in about 30 minutes.

I would have never stopped to fish this area without the side imaging.
            The 360 is almost cheating as we could not only see the tree laying there, we could see the school of Fish moving back and forth through it

Click image for larger version

Name:	8772C78F-1E78-4BB0-A7E0-92AE56AC2CD9.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	24542933

Name:	2A748666-0F4E-4ED2-9A54-E3A450D55A76.jpeg
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	24542934

Comment

That’s awesome! Love getting into them like that!!

Comment

I'm always up for a lesson! Never know what I might learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                  My regular brush piles were pretty slow this morning so I decided to try to search out some new ones and scout around the west side of the lake that I had not ever fished.

Like Slew I had Slade setup my sonar a couple of weeks ago so it was a combo scouting and learning adventure.

I happened upon a fallen tree in 16’ of water. Maybe 40’long with 8 or 10 big limbs.

It was covered up with 14 to 15 inch fish.

Between my nephew and myself we put 30 slabs in the boat in about 30 minutes.

I would have never stopped to fish this area without the side imaging.

The 360 is almost cheating as we could not only see the tree laying there, we could see the school of Fish moving back and forth through it

[ATTACH]911970[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]911971[/ATTACH]

Heck yeah!! I see they liked white hot!!![emoji2]

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                    Heck yeah!! I see they liked white hot!!![emoji2]

I have no less than 30 pounds of plastic jigs.
                    All the major brands in pretty much every color.

I have not fished with one but once or twice this year.
                    I have a Bad Shad hair jig on my 11' G-Rod
                    I have a White Hot on my 8' G-Rod
                    I have a Purple Passion on my 7' G-Rod

I would like to use some of the Thermocline stuff I bought but I keep loading the boat with Pappy's hair jigs

Comment

Haven't been to Fork in 2 months. She didn't disappoint. Woulda been better if I kept em alive instead of fishing 7 out the cooler at the end of the day!

Dang man! 1,2, and 3 would have won the Palestine tourney

Comment

Originally posted by txtradesman View Post
                        Dang man! 1,2, and 3 would have won the Palestine tourney

Forks got some monster fish in it! I'm finally getting comfortable on that lake. Palestine and Tawakoni are much better for numbers IMO but Fork and LOP are better for size. That's my opinion anyhow.

Comment

Forks got some monster fish in it! I'm finally getting comfortable on that lake. Palestine and Tawakoni are much better for numbers IMO but Fork and LOP are better for size. That's my opinion anyhow.

We pretty much don’t keep anything under 12”
                          Put 20 in the boat this morning

Name:	BF8D0500-D9C0-4CDE-BC1B-BAB182270F59.jpeg
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	24543357

Name:	B711D8D6-9FC6-41E1-8494-6FFAC47946D6.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	24543358

Comment

Giving em a home right now in fact!!

Comment

Mighty nice of you to help the homeless slew.

I used to use cane on the old dock. Would have to crack the pods between shoots to help it sink.

The fish are biting. And there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                                We pretty much don’t keep anything under 12”
                                Put 20 in the boat this morning
                                [ATTACH]912900[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]912901[/ATTACH]
                                Good haul!

What rod holders are those?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X