CAT Adjuster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAT Adjuster

Hey Guys- I was wondering if anyone on here was a Catastrophe adjuster. I am looking into becoming one and wanted to try and get some first hand experience/info. I was a licensed adjuster for a big insurance company for @5 years and I have been an estimator at a body shop for another 5 years. So I do have some experience though I would need to learn the Xactimate software. I am curious how you get hired and stay busy to make a living off it. I just don’t know anyone who’s done it. Any info would be great!
    Last edited by T-Row; 06-24-2018, 07:00 PM.

I have been a Cat adjuster, for years...….
    Especially, if I catch them sleeping on my cars.....

sorry, couldn't resist....

Comment

I’m just gonna let this one go lol. Good luck op

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Made some changes to keep this forum on topic haha

Comment

I was a staff adjuster for several years then went Ind for 15 years. 2 little kids curbed my traveling and it was starting to cut into my crappie fishing! I signed up with everybody that had a contract with the carrier I worked for and nobody would talk to me for 2 weeks after I quit then a day or 2 after the 2 weeks was up I went to work when I wanted to for 15 years. It's a good gig for folks that can get near the top of any companies list but several folks will only see action on big hurricanes or severe outbreaks that come every few years. But they will still require you to stay licensed in several states, maintain you CE, and try and talk you into taking several classes they offer for $$$ of course. Auto adjusters on CAT work for day rate usually and most I knew wanted to be doing property claims for more $$. That said there's several folks now day's working hourly on CAT. It's been watered down some and the tax laws have changed as well. Can't write off as much as you used too. I didn like going to new place and seeing different stuff all the time though. And if one job sucked you would have a new one next month most likely so it wasn't too bad!

Comment

Working...
          X