Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
    No but I always blend with the oil. Otherwise you will just get all the oil in one shot on top.

Emulsified is the way to go. It's more like coffee creamer and you can just stir it in.
    Our MCT Oil is one of the fastest sources of clean fuel for the body and brain. With fewer steps to convert into caloric energy than carbohydrates, it is hands down one of the best ways to power up your performance.

As stated above, measure it. 1. because this stuff is expensive and 2. it's pretty high calorie
    Now you tell me after I bought a bottle of oil[emoji848]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
      I gave up on pee-sticks and bought a blood monitor.
      Is it the same monitor as for diabetes?

Comment

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
        Is it the same monitor as for diabetes?

Diabetes would be checking insulin and blood sugar. Ketone monitor is different but there may be units that can check for all. They are not that expensive if you plan to be on the diet a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by TexaRican; 07-24-2018, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Diabetes would be checking insulin and blood sugar. Ketone monitor is different. They are not that expensive if you plan to be on the diet a while.

But when in ketosis and low carb your insulin levels should be low also right?

Comment

But when in ketosis and low carb your insulin levels should be low also right?

Correct, it keeps the amount of insulin low by increasing your bodies sensitivity to insulin. That reduces the amount needed and used.

As far as meters are concerned, they can be a useful tool but can also lead to chasing a number and paralysis by analysis.

Finished my 2 week staycation last week, eating and drinking whatever I wanted. Back on keto on Monday and I'm already down 6 lbs. It's amazing the water retention while not on keto.

Comment

No but I always blend with the oil. Otherwise you will just get all the oil in one shot on top.

Emulsified is the way to go. It's more like coffee creamer and you can just stir it in.
              Our MCT Oil is one of the fastest sources of clean fuel for the body and brain. With fewer steps to convert into caloric energy than carbohydrates, it is hands down one of the best ways to power up your performance.

As stated above, measure it. 1. because this stuff is expensive and 2. it's pretty high calorie
              Looks like good stuff. I usually just take a shot of MCT oil and hardly ever put it in my coffee. It's tasteless unless flavored.

Comment

[QUOTE=BigThicketBoy;13505103]Put a big squirt in a big yeti Tumblr with balck coffee.
                Was going to get some heavy creamer but they were out.

Try the Perfect Keto base in chocolate to add to your coffee. Easier on the tummy than other stuff.

Comment

I'm kind impressed with keto and myself.
                  Tomorrow will be one month on keto, 49yrs 5'9" started@ 197 scale this morning read 180.4.
                  No exercise or working out just 10hr work day 7 days aweek.
                  Need to take it up a notch and start watching my marcos get them lined up.
                  What a good simple app for Android?
                  @ 165-170 I think I'll start working out.

Comment

I'm kind impressed with keto and myself.
                    Tomorrow will be one month on keto, 49yrs 5'9" started@ 197 scale this morning read 180.4.
                    No exercise or working out just 10hr work day 7 days aweek.
                    Need to take it up a notch and start watching my marcos get them lined up.
                    What a good simple app for Android?
                    @ 165-170 I think I'll start working out.

I use MyFitnessPal. The upside is, it has lots of info on it and can be customized w/o purchasing any advanced settings. The down side is, the calories for the foods can be off and waaaay off because, anyone can enter it into the system. And with keto, it counts all carbs together, were you only really need to track non-fiber carbs. I make customized foods that fit what I eat. Example....this is not accurate at all and is only an example.

Food for you's tray beef

Fat 10 grams
                    Carbs 12 grams
                    Fiber 8 grams
                    Protein 12 grams

If you hit add to your log it will record all the calories in and not separate the different types of carbs. I will customize it like this

Mike's keto food for you tray beef
                    Fat 10 grams
                    Carbs 4 grams Fiber - Sugar = net carbs
                    Protein 12 grams
                    Last edited by icetrauma; 07-28-2018, 08:36 PM.

Comment

I use Fat Secret

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
                        I use Fat Secret

Fat Secret is one of the more reliable sources for caloric breakdown. Weight Watchers is also really good.

Comment

Pretty interesting posting,sub'd

Comment

Microwave pork skins good.
                            Can't believe they are that good but they are good.

Comment

Microwave pork skins good.
                              Can't believe they are that good but they are good.

Interesting.

Comment

Down to 272 as of Tuesday. Up to 274 as of this AM. Had a delicious splurge meal at Kings Biergarten yesterday with the family. Back on today. How's everyone else doing?

Comment

Working...
                                X