Kinney County Cam Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinney County Cam Pics

Got on a new lease recently in Kinney County. A group of 8 of us and we are all new to the place and don't have any cameras set up yet. Just wondering if anyone on that part of the country has any game cam pics just to get an idea of how things are going down there. I know it depends on the property but just trying to get an idea.
    Thanks,

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342060634.485986.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	24092783killed December 7, 2007 or 2008 off of Tularosa Rd. bigger one scored 153". Great place. I miss it out there. I would think 130-140" would be a typical buck with a few getting 150-160". Good luck. Sorry don't have a better pic.

Comment

Here is a better pic of the 153. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342096545.822259.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	24092846

Comment

I don't have any game cam pics with me, but was up there two weeks ago. Everything is looking green, and the deer seem to be producing some good horns! We have quite a few good bucks showing up to the feeders. We are off FM 334, where are y'all located. I shot this buck with my bow last year in November.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. Those are some great deer. TildenHunter, where is Tularosa Rd? brzo23, we are down toward to Spofford off of 131, I guess you are north of Bracketville? We were down there a couple of weeks ago and things looked pretty good, need to get back down soon and get everything set up. Hope they got some rain down there this week.

Comment

My profile pic was shot last year outside of Del Rio. It was my first time hunting there, but I saw alot of deer.

Comment

Tilden, we hunt off of tularosa as well!! do you know what ranch you hunted?

Comment

nice looking deer out there

Comment

i hunted in spofford for 3 years on the connely ranch we had 3200 acres feed protein and corn year round had water all over the ranch and we never had any deer like that. The biggest deer seen on cam and was shot was a 137" and none of the other deer even came close as far as horns go.The ranch was right off of 131 and standerd ln across from the mobly ranch. Good luck on your new place.
                  deer slayer

Comment

I have spent some time hunting in Spofford. Their are some good deer in the area, and big hogs. Make sure you lock things up good because the illegals have highways running thru the ranches. They will sleep in your blinds so you might wake one up in the morning.

Comment

These deer are from northwest Kinney County, I killed the 8 point last year, the others are some of the nicer bucks we have seen, I hope the pics show up. We see alot of 120s and 130s, and a few 140s and 150s. Stros is right on about the illegals, I found some socks and water bottles next to my feed pen and they used my blind and left the door open for the buzzards to nest. My buddy rattled up two illegals last year.....pretty funny story when he tells it. Good luck on your new place.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bmoore View Post
                        These deer are from northwest Kinney County, I killed the 8 point last year, the others are some of the nicer bucks we have seen, I hope the pics show up. We see alot of 120s and 130s, and a few 140s and 150s. Stros is right on about the illegals, I found some socks and water bottles next to my feed pen and they used my blind and left the door open for the buzzards to nest. My buddy rattled up two illegals last year.....pretty funny story when he tells it. Good luck on your new place.

That last deer has some serious character any body ever put a tag on him?

Comment

We hunted the Coates ranch for 15 years, when we first got on the place it was the early 90s and management hadn't really made an appearance yet, but we put a 4.5 year minimum, which isn't intensive but it made a huge difference in the animals the last 3 years there was at least a couple 150s killed every year, with the biggest being a perfectly symmetrical 12 that went almost 170, loved that place!

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
                            That last deer has some serious character any body ever put a tag on him?
                            That big boy is elusive. He never shows up when you want him too, I believe he is still around, but has gone way downhill, sure hope he spread his oats all over town.

Comment

This one didn't up load. My 8 from last year.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X