No announcement yet.

My surrogate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of week three. Birds are good, had to add more water, and will probably need to add more feed before the release.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341848392.273624.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	24092140

Comment

Here is a link to a YouTube video of a birds eye view

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NS25AZ2bqE&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Surrigator round two end of third week - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Awesome thread!!!! We've got plenty of wild ones in ol Mexico, but still great info to have!

Comment

Good job. I hope they all make it.

Comment

I'd love to do this with turkeys here in east Texas...don't think its legal though? Anyone know?

Comment

This is a really cool thread and I don't know how I missed it. I'm subscribed now

Comment

I think im gonna give this a go around my house! I love watching and hearing bobwhites! I think its great that you are doing your part to help replenish the birds!

Comment

Originally posted by justincorbell View Post
                  I think im gonna give this a go around my house! I love watching and hearing bobwhites! I think its great that you are doing your part to help replenish the birds!
                  think im gonna try the same

Comment

Once released did the birds covey call and covey up? I'm interested in how the birds reacted after being released? Great thread.....thanks for keeping us updated!

Comment

thats cool
                      good luck

Comment

Originally posted by bmoore View Post
                        Once released did the birds covey call and covey up? I'm interested in how the birds reacted after being released? Great thread.....thanks for keeping us updated!
                        From what I saw when I released them. They kinda scattered out then called back about ten yards from the surrigator under a cedar. I can here them calling when I go out and listen for a while.

Comment

Segbert....Thanks for the reply!
                          Originally posted by segbert View Post
                          From what I saw when I released them. They kinda scattered out then called back about ten yards from the surrigator under a cedar. I can here them calling when I go out and listen for a while.

Comment

Hey guys. Sorry for the delay in the reply. I released the birds last Sunday. And I have a little bit of video from it. This release was a bit slower from the last one. I put the divider down so I could keep a few birds to work my dog on.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00kfeQJbPyU&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Surrogate release #2 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1d4KuiOg8w&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Surrogate release #2 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

How many did you lose?
                              I work at K&S outfitters and its ridiculous how much is put into those pens to keep them alive and how many still die. I would have thought all of yours would have died compared to our setups but looks like you definitely know what your doing!

Comment

This thread has been great.

Comment

Working...
                                X