Kids and 4 wheelers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kids and 4 wheelers

My family was very blessed Monday evening. My 13 year old has been helping out on a MLD ranch. He was riding a 4 wheeler with feed on it. Not strapped on to the 4 wheeler. He said he was only going about 15 mph and started around a turn and the feed started to shift. Instead of letting it fall he tries to grab it. 4 wheeler grabs and rolls. He is on crutches, has a puncture wound to calf and a torn up ankle. No head or chest injuries. Staples at ER and hobbling around but nothing serious. He has been on 4 wheelers all his life and doesn't joy ride. Make sure you guys keep an eye on your kids and these bikes.
    Attached Files

Ouch...glad it wasnt more serious. I'm always warning mine how much they can hurt you. Hope he gets better soon.

Comment

Glad your boy is alright.

I remember the first time I rolled one when I was 11 or 12 (riding around on two wheels ) and having to go back home and not complain about hurting because I didn't want to lose my 4-wheeler privileges. Granted I was just bruised up and not actually hurt.

Comment

Always wear a helmet and SECURE your load!!!

Comment

Been there done that, around the same age. I DO NOT want to get stitches in the Del Rio hospital ever again. Lucy for me I the eye patch only covered the left eye and I was able finish the hunt without having to close an eye

Comment

dang Glen. That doesn't look like it felt good at all. Glad it wasn't any worse.

Comment

Dad gum Glen that does look bad. Glad that the prognosis is good and that it wasn't worse.

Comment

scares me - my 8yr old and 4yr old are getting 4 wheelers from Christmas from their grandparents and I am a little nervous about it - glad he is ok

Comment

Ouch ! That hurts to just look at it. Glad he will be okay.

Comment

dang boy... he's taking after his daddy

glad he is no worse for wear. ya need anything...holler.

Comment

Ouch, glad he is ok considering.

Comment

Glad to hear he's ok. It only takes a split second for something like that to happen... we just have to learn from our mistakes and let them be a lesson to others.

Comment

Man, I am glad he is going to be OK...

Comment

Yep, 12 year old grandson got his second cast off about a month ago, same arm that has a pin from a high-dive off of a barstool type chair when he was five. He hit a pile of dirt on angle instead of straight on, rolled him and a bud a couple of times.

Comment

Glad he is not seriously injured. Sending a prayer for a speedy recovery.

Comment

Working...
                              X