Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What % of your paycheck do you put into savings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 % 401k company matches 3%, $20 week into a savings acct in kids names

Comment

34% and I'm 27.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
        Im 52 and ZERO DESIRE to put any money in savings right now. As a matter of fact, Im taking money out of the bank and buying stuff with it. Make less than 1% interest???? I dont think so TIM! If you have credit card notes, house notes, vehicle notes, etc they will all be 5% plus. you would be a lot better off paying all that high interest stuff off and finding a little property to buy than letting it st in the bank where God and Obama can see it. just my thoughts.
        I don't think everyone means saving as in a savings account... I don't anyway.
        With my mortgage at 4% I'd be making the wrong move to use money I can earn 8% easy on in the stock market to pay it down.

Comment

I don't have an exact percentage, I just try to put a minimum of 35K a year into savings. Oh and I'm 32

Comment

i'm 40. i have no idea and apparently i need a "money wife".

Comment

23% split between 401K, Roth, IRA
              6% company match

Been doing it for 20 years...it hurts at times but have stuck with it...

47 yo, and on track to retire at 55

Comment

The max , 26%

Comment

Right now I've been playing catch up so it's always something but not a fixed amount

Comment

Savings ??? I work in the oilfield!

Comment

Could retire at 48 but I'll stay at it hopefully until 54-55 then I'm out. Lol I would be working for free at that point so no since in staying any longer.
                      For ever dollar I put in the company matches it with 2 dollars. Been putting in a good percentage since I started working with them and plan to start another retirement fund on the side soon. General bank savings account I'd say I put in around %10 of my net income per month.

Comment

I'm at 10% with a company match of 7%. Plus company pension and 10-15% into savings account, and Church Tithes for the real Golden Years ( I hope ). As soon as I get past the child support, all that's going up !!

Comment

Originally posted by KingsX View Post
                          For every dollar I put in the company matches it with 2 dollars. .
                          How do they stay in business?

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                            How do they stay in business?
                            They own the city

Comment

Percentage is relative.

5% of 100k is the same as 10% of 50k

My advice is save what you can and don't live beyond your means.

As far as investments, if your company does a 401k match, make sure to get that

After that, look into Roth IRAs. It is post tax money, but once your retire you do not pay any tax on the earnings

If you still have more you can save look into maxing out your 401k(18k this year).

Start ASAP. It takes awhile to grow, but it will.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsX View Post
                                They own the city
                                He hasn't seen my property taxes

Comment

Working...
                                X