Texas vs Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas vs Canada

My son and I are going on a High Adventure Canoe trek through the US boundary waters and into Canada next month. I'm looking for a picture/meme/slogan that I can put onto a shirt or hat that shows Texas' superiority over all things Canada....

Something good natured, that clearly demonstrates Texan bravado.

We are crossing the border in canoes at an uncontrolled access point, and will be camping in a Provencal park. I plan to leave a Texas flag flying in the park while we are there and will probably leave it there when we paddle away.
    What have yall got for me?

You could make a T-shirt out of this. Pic says a million words, hehe.

In my experience Canadians are dumbfounded by our freedom to own handguns. Anything relating to all the handguns we have and that our wives have and that our kids have will also be noticed.

Comment

The only thing is, when you get there you will realize Texas is a dry desert dump compared to the beauty of that place.. And the fishing is incredible.......so be careful what you make yourself look like there. Don't embarrass us Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        The only thing is, when you get there you will realize Texas is a dry desert dump compared to the beauty of that place..

Impossible. There is nothing dry or dumpy about Freedom. [emoji41]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          The only thing is, when you get there you will realize Texas is a dry desert dump compared to the beauty of that place.. And the fishing is incredible.......so be careful what you make yourself look like there. Don't embarrass us Frank...
          Who? me? Never.....

Comment

Do anything you want. They hate us anyway.

Comment

It's going to be a great trip, I cant wait!
              If you dig around some of the old Bownanza threads there is a pic of Frank and I when he was about 7 or 8, here he is at 15.... they grow up fast!

Click image for larger version

Name:	eagle.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	24539307

Comment

A mesquite tree with one of those syrup taps & a bucket tied to it. Texas syrup is #1!
                Last edited by texaspacker; 05-12-2018, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by texaspacker View Post
                  A mesquite tree with one of those syrup taps & a bucket tied to it. Texas syrup is #1!
                  I saw the comment before the edit. LOL

Comment

I would suggest you leave all that behind and just enjoy the experience at Northern Tier. The few people you meet on the trek will be less concerned about the shape of your hat than the great experience you have in the wilderness and the effort you make to leave it in as good of shape as you found it. Represent scouting well. Leave the other at home.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

What part of Canada? People in Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Nova Scotia generally like Texans from my experience. Quebec, not so much. Quebecois hate everything.

Comment

Originally posted by kfd82 View Post
                        It's going to be a great trip, I cant wait!
                        If you dig around some of the old Bownanza threads there is a pic of Frank and I when he was about 7 or 8, here he is at 15.... they grow up fast!

[ATTACH]907795[/ATTACH]
                        Heavy sash

Comment

That's awesomeness sir!!! I have canoed, camped and fished the Quetico Provencial Park 7 times. Texas, Louisiana or anything semi political even crossed my mind while loving every aspect of that beautiful region. Gonna be EPICNESS...........I am jealous!!!

Comment

Sounds like a great time. I like the Texas flag idea, but I wouldn't wear a shirt to antagonize them in their Country. I don't believe that would represent us Texans well.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                              I would suggest you leave all that behind and just enjoy the experience at Northern Tier. The few people you meet on the trek will be less concerned about the shape of your hat than the great experience you have in the wilderness and the effort you make to leave it in as good of shape as you found it. Represent scouting well. Leave the other at home.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                              Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                              That's awesomeness sir!!! I have canoed, camped and fished the Quetico Provencial Park 7 times. Texas, Louisiana or anything semi political even crossed my mind while loving every aspect of that beautiful region. Gonna be EPICNESS...........I am jealous!!!
                              Thanks for the advice and tips!
                              Just to be clear, this is all light hearted and meant in good fun. No political, or other serious, statements are intended to be made.

DRT, how many times have you done NT, and do you have any tips?

LandRover, did you do the trip with Scouts or on your own? Also, any tips for staying in Quetico?

Comment

Working...
                              X