The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
    You won’t be fronting that much to Idaho. In Idaho you have to pick one of the big three. You can apply for deer and elk. Or one of the big 3 goat sheep or moose.

I knew you could double up years on a Utah license but didn’t know you could in Nevada. I’ll look into that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah you can only apply for one in Idaho, I actually like that system. I’m gonna have to remember to try that withnevada next year. I’ve been buying the license every year.

Comment

I bought the 2017 license for Colorado for $56.00 and they auto added the 2017 habitat stamp for $10.00. So, $66.00 plus $28.00 = $94.00 for preference points for CO. Seems pretty cheap.

I wonder if the low cost of buying points will contribute to point creep in CO.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
        I bought the 2017 license for Colorado for $56.00 and they auto added the 2017 habitat stamp for $10.00. So, $66.00 plus $28.00 = $94.00 for preference points for CO. Seems pretty cheap.

It will for sure on moose, sheep and goats.

Be interesting how many’s CC/DC bounce, I didn’t read if they will handle it like AZ or if it goes to left over.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
            It will for sure on moose, sheep and goats.

Be interesting how many’s CC/DC bounce, I didn’t read if they will handle it like AZ or if it goes to left over.
            I’m a resident and I think it’s gonna even creep on our points, even more so for non residents. Since I don’t have to front the cash for the sheep and moose I applied for those too. Same for bear. That’s why I didn’t want to burn my points this year.

Comment

Who all is already training for next season? Curious what y’all think the best 3 exersizes are for gettin ready for elk hunting coming from Texas?

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
                Who all is already training for next season? Curious what y’all think the best 3 exersizes are for gettin ready for elk hunting coming from Texas?
                Stairs with a pack.

Or any cardio capacity training

Comment

Originally posted by tbeak View Post
                  I’m a resident and I think it’s gonna even creep on our points, even more so for non residents. Since I don’t have to front the cash for the sheep and moose I applied for those too. Same for bear. That’s why I didn’t want to burn my points this year.
                  The deer and elk it will creep a little but not having to write a check for moose/sheep/goat is a big deal. Really going to kill draw odds

Comment

Anyone ever hunt CO unit 21 for elk? Me and two buddies just put in for first rifle.

Comment

I am, I’ll be 63 then.

I’m doing 2 miles brisk walk daily with 30 pound pack, and weekend hikes with pack up hills. I will progress to killer fire roads where I hunt.

I learned on CO that you can run on flat land all you want, the lifting legs for hills and stepping over blowdown trees destroys your quadriceps muscles on the front of your thighs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Been doing 40 and 50lb ruck with my pack, 4-5 miles average and trying to find hills. People sure look at me funny when I'm zig zagging up and down the slope on the drainage canals and soccer field detention ponds where I live.

Will move to bleachers at the high school in June after school is out.

Comment

Look up Rob Shaul at Mountain Tactical it Atomic Athlete out of Austin. Both have great programs that don’t take much equipment. Some dumbbells, step up box, pack and sandbags. All you need.

Comment

Look up Rob Shaul at Mountain Tactical it Atomic Athlete out of Austin. Both have great programs that don’t take much equipment. Some dumbbells, step up box, pack and sandbags. All you need.

Comment

Riding a bike, stairs or boxes, walking lunges, wind sprints. Need to make sure your hip flexors are in good shape.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

This looks like it hits all of the points.

If I could go anywhere in the world each year to hunt, it would be the Western U.S.There's

Comment

Working...
                                X