No announcement yet.

Roofing solicitor shot in Frisco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uncle had special "do not solicit" sprinklers installed on the front of his house. Motion detector turned them on low, a person had 30 seconds before they went to full hydro blast. He worked night shift and did not want to be disturbed.

Some solicitors are just kids who have been dooped into selling a product to family and friends, others are just looking for something to steal. Will have to see how this one shakes out.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
      I'd love to find a way to get rid of the telephone solicitations--but our congress doesn't have the guts to pass a law with teeth to outlaw political or charitable calls. And, the law we have has no teeth in it to make for prosecution when they call a number on the do-not-call list. However, my little air horn to the phone when a live person comes on seems to be a bit effective, but bothers my dog too.
      I bought three home security systems. Tech shows up to install and says "you already have a security system?"

Me: "I know, I kept telling them that and they keep calling, might ought to put me on your do not call list."

Only one I get now is the auto repair warranty calls, in Spanish?

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
        I'd love to find a way to get rid of the telephone solicitations--but our congress doesn't have the guts to pass a law with teeth to outlaw political or charitable calls. And, the law we have has no teeth in it to make for prosecution when they call a number on the do-not-call list. However, my little air horn to the phone when a live person comes on seems to be a bit effective, but bothers my dog too.
        Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
        Next time one calls, man or woman it don't matter. Just say, "so what you wearing right now"? They'll stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        This works too.

Caution adult language.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7OgWcwgB50"]How to deal with a Telemarketer by Tom Mabe - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Everything I've heard or read ...homeowner screwed the pooch... unless there's some evidence the solicitor had ill intentions... was a stupid shoot...and premeditated...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

And why would you want to shoot someone for breaking your "no solicitation" policy anyway. Just squirt em with a hose. It's funny and everyone lives.

Comment

Bad deal. I don't handle solicitors very well either but never thought about shooting one!

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                Does that mean the roofers not going to get the job?
                Busted a gut reading this!

Comment

You know I'm a financial advisor and I have done some door knocking to kick off my business. I still do it today too. I've always respected No Soliciting signs when they are up. I've had a couple guns pulled on me before and a lot of unpleasant people. I do it help business and get more exposure. I truly believe there are people in our world that just want a reason to shoot someone. No matter what they are doing, they just feel the need and looking for a reason. When I've had the guns pulled on me, I was either in a suit or at least a tie. Now, tell me how I do I look like I'm going to rob or cause harm looking like that?

Comment

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
                    From the article: "She saw the solicitor on the ground covered in blood and pamphlets."

I'm still not sure why that made me laugh so hard.
                    you laugh because many of us have had fantasies of doing such a thing to solicitors(especially the ones on the phone)
                    Last edited by acearrow; 04-04-2017, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Cash me ousside, how bout dat

Comment

I've felt like pushing a few off of the roof, but we aren't allowed to carry guns at work.

These people can lose their minds when they get hounded day after day by these door knockers....

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post

Edit: I think that I am a little biased right now due to a bad interaction with some LEOs over the weekend. Trust me, I mean no disrespect.
                          Man that sounds like a whole new different thread topic

Comment

There is nothing funny about this. There is no way the solicitor was a threat worthy of being shot. I'm tired of reading these articles where people think they can just shoot for being agitated. I hope they lock that guy up for years. It's crap like this that gets the gun control activists riled up.

Comment

Originally posted by Geraldg6 View Post
                              You know I'm a financial advisor and I have done some door knocking to kick off my business. I still do it today too. I've always respected No Soliciting signs when they are up. I've had a couple guns pulled on me before and a lot of unpleasant people. I do it help business and get more exposure. I truly believe there are people in our world that just want a reason to shoot someone. No matter what they are doing, they just feel the need and looking for a reason. When I've had the guns pulled on me, I was either in a suit or at least a tie. Now, tell me how I do I look like I'm going to rob or cause harm looking like that?

The biggest crooks in the world wear suits.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                                There is nothing funny about this. There is no way the solicitor was a threat worthy of being shot. I'm tired of reading these articles where people think they can just shoot for being agitated. I hope they lock that guy up for years. It's crap like this that gets the gun control activists riled up.
                                That and gluten.

Comment

Working...
                                X