Snake boot options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snake boot options

Hey guys I've been reading around on a few different post. My question is has anyone tried these boots

Also I've seen some sort of leggings of sorts that can be worn around your legs. I don't have a link to post on those. The ones I saw were made in Texas. Anyone tried these?

I have those exact boots. I had a pair of Rocky's prior to this that I had owned for about 20 years. So I don't have much experience with other boot models. I have had these Irish Setter boots for just a few months. I can say they are very comfortable. I can wear them all day with no issues. Haven't had to test them against snakes yet and haven't had them in the rain yet. I did end up getting the wide size and normally I just wear the regular width in boots.

Comment

By the way, there is a post already going about Foreverlast Snake Boots that are on sale.

Comment

Consider this....again & again replied to other Posts

I always respond to these OP's because me and the boys have experience with these CHEAP AND SIMPLE leg guards. As stated so many times before, I first saw these used by a "professional snake handler" at a Sweetwater Rattlesnake show several years past. I personally saw several strikes and NO penetration. They are very low priced and I have several pair from Academy I provide my land sales clients when walking land sites. May not be pretty but they work...oh, use 'em while weed eating and they are perfect, lol! (they are a heavy duty plastic that easily snap around your lower legs. Wear good leather boots and from your bottom leg to the knee...protected.)

Around $25 as I remember and I have the original pair that is 5+ years old and maintains the "snap" and NO holes or problems.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by HunterDan2006 View Post
          By the way, there is a post already going about Foreverlast Snake Boots that are on sale.

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=640252
          I like how the Irish seem very comfortable. I saw this link about before posting but these just look bulky and seem like they would be hard to move in.

Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
            I always respond to these OP's because me and the boys have experience with these CHEAP AND SIMPLE leg guards. As stated so many times before, I first saw these used by a "professional snake handler" at a Sweetwater Rattlesnake show several years past. I personally saw several strikes and NO penetration. They are very low priced and I have several pair from Academy I provide my land sales clients when walking land sites. May not be pretty but they work...oh, use 'em while weed eating and they are perfect, lol! (they are a heavy duty plastic that easily snap around your lower legs. Wear good leather boots and from your bottom leg to the knee...protected.)

Around $25 as I remember and I have the original pair that is 5+ years old and maintains the "snap" and NO holes or problems.
            I've wanted to drive down to Sweetwater and see the round-up. Really these looks pretty nice, thanks for the reply.

Comment

Snake boot options

I hunt a lot near water, so my issue has always been cotton mouths and needing to stay dry at the same time. I found these snakeproof, waterproof chaps called Dan's Froglegs. They are sewn and sealed on your choice of boot (about 8-10 choices) and custom make them to your leg size and inseam length. They fold down and snap to the top of the boot when you don't need full height protection.

Full height

Snapped down

I have really come to love them, they cost barely more than the boots would retail at anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a pair of the Irish Setters. I wear them whether it is snake season or not because they are so comfortable. They were the only boots that would fit over my calves.

Comment

Snake boot options

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post

Those things are insanely hot and uncomfortable as hell. I had a pair years ago. But I have big calves also. But in my view they sucked just based on how hot they were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have some Dan's Hunting Gear chaps. They also have snake chaps for kids, but I've only found them on the Coon Hunter Supply website, not on the Dan's site:

You might also try TurtleSkins chaps. The price is high, but they eon't make you sweat like the others (and boots), so may be worth it, if you'll actually wear them..

Comment

Working...
                    X