Barzoria Co. 9 tiner down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barzoria Co. 9 tiner down!

This is the buck i shot last nite at my lease in Brazoria Co. He is my biggest to date and i couldnt be happier with him.

The Story:

I was running a little late to the stand yesterday evenin so i decided to hunt one of buddies stands that is a little closer to the front of our area. I got settled in around 5ish and for the next hour it was pretty uneventfull. All of a suddent at around 6ish i heard a limb break behind me. I glanced over and realized there was this really nice buck standing there behind me at like 40 yards. I would have shot him there but a dang tree was in the way. It looked like he was gonna go over to a feeder that was about 100 yards away. He started to move that way but it was like he just wanted to check and see if any does were at it. I dont know if most of yall know it or not but our deer here rut really really early. We have been watching bucks chase does for 3 week now and they still are. Anyways, he peeked around the corner and i guess saw there was nada at the feeder so he started angleing across the pasture to the fence were he croses. He got out to 50 yards before i stopped him in a clearing. I got to full draw but the dang wind was kickin and the fact that my nerves were, to say the least, gettin to me i couldnt shoot! He started walkin again and i stopped him one more time. I guess by the grace of god the wind completely stopped for a split second and i settled my pin. Released, and boo ya! I did hit him a little far back but he was quarting away so i mannaged to get the back half of the lungs. I gave him a solid hour before i went in after him. Bout 75 yards later i got my hands on him for the first time. I was PUMPED UP! Now the fun part began! I had to drag this sucker outa the THICK brush by myself and load him up. Did i mention this was a HUGE bodied deer for this area. I would have guessed him at about 175-180 lbs. Oh, i almost forgot! Not only was this my all around biggest to date but he has an awesome double throat patch too! So that's my story and now here are the pics.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DRow; 10-07-2009, 11:51 AM.

Sounds like an awesome hunt!!

Comment

where da pics?????

Comment

don't see any pics.

Comment

Way to go Danny!! Now get them pics posted!!

DJ

Comment

no pics???

Comment

Awesome story, but no pics.

Comment

Congrats on the harvest, with no pics it's just a story!

Comment

Schweet! Going to have any openings next year? I'm looking for something close to home.

Comment

They be there now!

Comment

Great looking buck

Comment

There they are.....NICE buck!

Comment

Very nice, congrats and great story!

Comment

congrats.

Comment

WAY TO GO...thanks for the write-up and pics and congrats on your trophy!

Comment

Working...
                              X