Crawfish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crawfish

Don't know if anybody is boiling crawfish but I bought some at H-E-B this morning and they're the biggest crawfish I've seen this early. $1.97/lb.

Those are huge! I bought a 15lb sack a few weeks ago and they were decent but, not anywhere close to those. Enjoy

Comment

I'm lazy. We're getting some later. 4.99 a lb with corn and taters ready to eat but I hope they're big

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Cool

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          I'm lazy. We're getting some later. 4.99 a lb with corn and taters ready to eat but I hope they're big

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
          I tried to be lazy but the wife wasn't having it. It's my birthday today and my wife wanted a party. I'm the one that gets stuck cooking them. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            I tried to be lazy but the wife wasn't having it. It's my birthday today and my wife wanted a party. I'm the one that gets stuck cooking them. Lol
            Ha!!

"Happy birthday honey, spend it cooking crawfish"

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              Ha!!

"Happy birthday honey, spend it cooking crawfish"
              That's exactly how it went down.

Comment

Our wives must be related!

Comment

That's exactly how it went down.

Originally posted by duck'n View Post
                  Our wives must be related!
                  I think it's a chromosome or something like that

Comment

My bil has said that he will have to cook at his own funeral.

Comment

Keep in mind that large crawfish are typically not the best buy- in terms of meat yield. Smaller (actually immature) crawfish can yield substantially more meat per 100 lbs than larger mature crawfish. As crawfish mature, more of the weight is in non eatable parts, and the tail actually increases in size very little in comparison. If interested in getting most for your money - look for good medium or larger immature ones.

Comment

I enjoy cooking them, so doing it for my own birthday wouldn't be a bad deal. Plus my wife knows I would rather have my own, or the ones my buddy and I do.

Comment

Originally posted by McClain View Post
                          Keep in mind that large crawfish are typically not the best buy- in terms of meat yield. Smaller (actually immature) crawfish can yield substantially more meat per 100 lbs than larger mature crawfish. As crawfish mature, more of the weight is in non eatable parts, and the tail actually increases in size very little in comparison. If interested in getting most for your money - look for good medium or larger immature ones.

I was fixing to post this same comment

avoid the large jumbo crawfish .... you pay more $$ and get less tail meat

Comment

Those r some big kids in the kiddy pool

Comment

Lotta good eats.

Comment

Working...
                              X